“Mrs. Doubtfire” quotes(1993)
Plot – Daniel Hillard gets fired because he makes jokes while he’s dubbing. His wife Miranda is worried about the future of their three children, so she asks for divorce to get the custody of the kids, letting Daniel to see them only on weekends. Miranda writes a newspaper ad because she’s forced to hire an housekeeper: Daniel dresses as an old English governess to take care of his kids and he goes to his ex-wife’s house. He doesn’t get recognized, so he is hired as “Mrs Doubtfire”. In the meantime, he works as a porter in a television studio where he’s noticed by the producer while he invents a TV show for kids and he is hired. He manages to make the flat where he’s living more comfortable and at the ex-wife’s house everything is going in the right way: he gains his kids’ confidence, he notices that they miss their dad and he manages to make his ex-wife and her new boyfriend Stu fight. He has lunch with the producer at the same restaurant where Miranda and Stu are having their engagement lunch. Eventually Daniel gets caught, but he gains his kids’ love anyway and Miranda understands how important Daniel is for the kids.
All actors – Robin Williams, Sally Field, Pierce Brosnan, Harvey Fierstein, Polly Holliday, Lisa Jakub, Matthew Lawrence, Mara Wilson, Robert Prosky, Anne Haney, Scott Capurro, Sydney Walker, Martin Mull, Terence McGovern, Karen Kahn, Eva Gholson, James Cunningham, Ralph Peduto, Scott Beach, Juliette Marshall, Drew Letchworth, Jessica Myerson, Sharon Lockwood, Jim Cullen, Kenneth Loo, Jeff Loo, Betsy Monroe, Joseph Narducci, James Cranna, Dr. Toad, Adele Proom, Rick Overton, Dan Spencer, Paul Guilfoyle, Molly McClure, Andy Prosky, William Newman, Chris Pray, Geoff Bolt, Dick Bright, Adam Bryant, Tavia Cathcart, C. Beau Fitzsimons, Jeff Moeller, Benne Alder, Joe Bellan, Smadar Hanson, Mary Mackeyshow all
“Mrs. Doubtfire” Quotes 16 quotes
Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "this is not my life"?
“Dear, I always say, a flawed husband is better than none at all.”
“- Lydia Hillard: It's your job to be our father.
- Daniel Hillard: No it's not a job, it's a joy being your father, I don't have to play the part of your father, I am your father, I may act like a fool, but I am your father, okay?”
“I like that Mediterranean look in women. Natural, healthy. Just the way God made you.”
“- Lydia Hillard: Why can't you and Mom just pretend to be happy?
- Daniel Hillard: We probably could.
- Lydia Hillard: And we'd still be a family.
- Daniel Hillard: Yeah we would be, but we'd be a pretend family, you know? It wouldn't be real.”
“Your Mercedes, dear, you own that big expensive car out there? Oh, dear. Well, they say a man who has to buy a big car like that is trying to compensate for smaller genitals.”
- Natalie Hillard: We're in the middle of "Charlotte's Web". Who's gonna finish it?
- Daniel Hillard: Well, Grandma will finish it for you.
- Natalie Hillard: [whispers] She's not as good. She always skips parts, and she never does the voices. She smells funny, too.
- Daniel Hillard: That's the formaldehyde. That's why Granny's so well preserved.
“- Daniel Hillard: Well, let's take a little vacation together with the kids, and get you away from work. You're a different person. You really are. You're great.
- Miranda Hillard: Oh, Daniel, our problems would be waiting for us right here when we got back.
- Daniel Hillard: Well, we'll move. That way our problems won't follow us.”
“- Mrs. Doubtfire: Marriage can be such a blessing.
- Miranda Hillard: So can divorce.”
“- Mrs. Sellner: Mr. Hillard, do you consider yourself humorous?
- Daniel Hillard: I used to. There was a time when I found myself funny, but today you have proven me wrong. Thank you.”
“I admire that honesty, Natalie, that's a noble quality. Never lose that, because it often disappears with age, or entering politics.”