Jeff Goldblum quotes
“- Sam: Why is it what you just said strikes me as a massive rationalization?
- Michael: Don't knock rationalization; where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.
- Sam: Come on, nothing's more important that sex.
- Michael: Yeah? Ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Donald Ripley: It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity.
- Powder: Albert Einstein.
- Donald Ripley: When I look at you, I have hope that maybe one day our humanity will surpass our technology.”
“No matter how you travel, it's still you going.”
“- Hector Guzman: You racist Americans. You just want to cut us poor Hispanics completely out of the market.
- David Jason: No, Mr. Guzman. I think you know that there's no such thing as an American anymore. No Hispanics, no Japanese, no blacks, no whites, no nothing. It's just rich people and poor people. The three of us are all rich, so we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but... well, there it is.”
“- Jake Morrison: Pee your pants?
- David Levinson: Uh, yeah.
- Jake Morrison: Yeah, me too.”
“- Marty Gilbert: A countdown... wait, a countdown to what David?
- David Levinson: It's like in chess: First, you strategically position your pieces and when the timing is right you strike. They're using this signal to syncronize their efforts and in 5 hours the countdown will be over.
- Marty Gilbert: And then what?
- David Levinson:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- David Levinson: You really think you can fly that thing?
- Captain Steven Hiller: You really think you can do all that bullshit you just said?”
“What goes up must come down.”
- McBainbridge: I'm giving you two weeks to get things moving or you're history.
- Ricky: Wait a second. First of all, two weeks? You gotta give me a little more time than that.
- McBainbridge: Hold it! Hold it right there! Right there. Every day on the way to work, I pass a dozen guys carrying signs: "Homeless family will work for food"... (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm working on something that will change the world, and human life as we know it.”
“- Jack Bellicec: It's a big conspiracy.
- Matthew Bennell: What's a conspiracy?
- Jack Bellicec: Everything.”
“- New Jersey: Why is there a watermelon there?
- Reno Nevada: I'll tell you later.”
“- David Levinson: I've had years to get us ready. We never had a chance.
- President Whitmore: We didn't last time, either.”
“They like to get the landmarks.”
“- D.H.: I believe, umm, that certain people in life are meant to fall by the wayside; to serve as warnings to the rest of us; signs posts along the way.
- Igby: To where?
- D.H.: Success.”
“- Nancy Jason: What did they do to you?
- David Jason: They taught me what I needed to know: that they don't respect me, that I don't deserve respect.”
“- Malcolm: How do you know they can't breed?
- Wu: Because all the animals in Jurassic Park are female. We've engineered them that way.”
“- Mr. Morrow: Do you want my advice on questions of love?
- Dexter King: Yes!
- Mr. Morrow: My advice is: go blind. Best thing that ever happened to me. Since 1944, every girl I've spent time with looks the spitting image of Mae West.”
“People work harder when conditions are worse.”