Grace Kelly quotes
“To create harmony in the home is the woman's right and duty.”
“There are fairies at the bottom of my garden all ringing little bells.”
“- Tracy Lord: Oh, I think men are wonderful.
- Liz Imbrie: The little dears.”
“- Mike Connor: Hands up!
- Tracy Lord: Oh it's you! Go away.
- Mike Connor: Where are you going?
- Tracy Lord: Some place and dance.
- Mike Connor: But they're dancing in there.
- Tracy Lord: I know but George is frowning at me and I can't dance when anyone frowns at me.”
“- Tracy Lord: I'm such an unholy mess of a girl.
- C. K. Dexter-Haven: Oh, come on, that's not even good conversation, Tracy.”
“A murderer would never parade his crime in front of an open window.”
“According to you, people should be born, live, and die in the same place.”
“- Lisa: How's your leg?
- Jeff: Hurts a little.
- Lisa: Your stomach?
- Jeff: Empty as a football.
- Lisa: And your love life?
- Jeff: Not too active.
- Lisa: Anything else bothering you?”
“- Lisa: Today's a very special day.
- Jeff: It's just another run-of-the-mill Wednesday. The calendar's full of 'em.”
“- Jeff: Why would a man leave his apartment three times on a rainy night with a suitcase and come back three times?
- Lisa: He likes the way his wife welcomes him home.”
“- Helen: What kind of woman are you? How can you leave him like this? Does the sound of guns frighten you that much?
- Amy: I've heard guns. My father and my brother were killed by guns. They were on the right side but that didn't help them any when the shooting started. My brother was nineteen. I watched him die. That's when I became a Quaker....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frances Stevens: He's a thief.
- Mrs. Jessie Stevens: And what did he steal from you?
- Frances Stevens: Oh, mother!
- Mrs. Jessie Stevens: Since when is love a crime?”
“- John Robie: Why don't you own a place like this?
- Frances Stevens: Palaces are for royalty. We're just common people with a bank account.”
“- John Robie: You know as well as I do: this necklace is imitation.
- Frances Stevens: Well, I'm not.”
“- John Robie: You're here in Europe to buy a husband.
- Frances Stevens: The man I want doesn't have a price.
- John Robie: That eliminates me.”
“- Frances Stevens: What do you say?
- John Robie: My only comment would be highly censorable.”