“- Lee: Whassup, my nigga?
- Bartender: What did you just say?
- Lee: Whassup, my nigga.”
“Rush Hour” quotes(1998)
Plot – The East meet the West when Jackie Chan acts in 'Rush Hour'. Detective Inspector Lee Chan, an inflexible policeman fully immersed in his job, is the pride of the Royal Hong Kong Police Force, but with his modest attitude he doesn't want to show off his abilities in martial arts. When his favorite pupil is kidnapped, he'll try to save her from the criminal who has also killed his former partner. US FBI agents don't want intruders in their investigations from other countries, so they assign the case to Detective James Carter Tucker, a lowlife. He's the nightmare of his superiors as he's reckless, arrogant and too irascible to have a partner. The two are a perfect match.
All actors – Ken Leung, Jackie Chan, Tom Wilkinson, Tzi Ma, Robert Littman, Michael Chow, Julia Hsu, Chris Tucker, Chris Penn, Kai Lennox, Larry Sullivan, Yang Lin, Roger Fan, George Cheung, Lucy Lin, Rex Linn, Mark Rolston, Elizabeth Peña, Philip Baker Hall, Jason Davis, John Hawkes, Gene LeBell, Wayne King, Manny Perry, Kevin L. Jackson, Ronald D. Brown, Clifton Powell, Matthew Barry, Stanley DeSantis, Dan Martin, Kevin Lowe, Billy Devlin, Tommy Bush, Barry Shabaka Henley, Albert Wong, Ai Wan, Lydia Look, Sumiko 'Osumi' Yahagi, Man-Ching Chan, Ken Lo, Stuart W. Yee, Chung Chi Li, Andy Cheng, Christine Ng, Frances Fong, Robert Kotecki, Mike Ashley, Ada Tai, Arlene Tai, Nina Ameri, Stephen Blackehart, Victoria Genisce, Sarah Krasner, Yung Kwan, Mars, Jody Millard, Deirdre O'Brien, Norman D. Wilsonshow all
“Rush Hour” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Captain Diel: Two officers were shot, one man lost a pinkie.
- Carter: But didn't nobody die!
- Captain Diel: You destroyed half a city block!
- Carter: That block was already messed up.
- Captain Diel: And you lost a lot of evidence!
- Carter: We still got a little bit left.”
“- Carter: This ain't no democracy.
- Lee: Yes, it is.
- Carter: No, it ain't. This is the United States of James Carter. I'm the president, I'm the emperor, I'm the king. I'm Michael Jackson, you Tito. Your ass belongs to me.”
“Don't you ever touch a black man's radio, boy! You can do that in China but you can get your ass killed out here, man!”
“My father was a legend. My father was killed making a routine traffic stop in broad daylight by some punk who didn't want no ticket. His partner was supposed to get out of the car and back him up but never did. My father was just as devoted as you, and now he's dead, and for what? A traffic ticket and some punk? You tell me, where's the honor in...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Carter: My daddy once saved five crackheads from a burnin' building, by himself.
- Lee: My daddy once caught a bullet with his bare hand.
- Carter: My daddy'll kick your daddy's ass all the way from here to China, Japan, wherever the hell you from and all up that Great Wall too.
- Lee: Hey, don't talk about my father.
- Carter: Don't talk...” (continue) (continue reading)
- Carter: How long this flight?
- Lee: Fifteen hours.
- Carter: Fifteen hours? What are we gonna do for fifteen hours?
- Lee: [puts on headphones and begins to sing] Huh! War! Uh! Good God "yaw".
- Carter: Oh, hell no! Stewardess! Get me another seat!
“- Carter: Damn, Chin, this is some greasy shit. You ain't got no better food, like some chicken wings, some baby back ribs, some fries or something?
- Chin: Chinese food, no soul food here!
- Carter: I didn't say nothin' 'bout no soul food, I said you got some better food. I don't want that greasy shit. How you gonna sell a big box of grease?”
“I like to let people talk who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of shit they are.”
“- Carter: Bobby, didn't I look the other way that time you bought that bag of weed?
- Bobby: I was splittin' it with you!
- Carter: Well, didn't I give you the bigger half?”
“- Carter: Fifty million dollars? Man, who do you think you kidnapped? Chelsea Clinton?
- Sang: We want twenty million in fifties.
- Carter: Okay, twenty million in fifties.
- Sang: Twenty million in twenties.
- Carter: Okay, twenty million in twenties.
- Sang: And ten million in tens.
- Carter: Ten million in tens. Okay. Hey d'you want any fives...” (continue) (continue reading)
“I'm Mr. Juntao's lawyer, legal advisor, he got into some shit again and he told me to come down here and I'm a very busy man, ain't got time to be down here this late but I'm down here, my wife want me to come home, my baby is shittin' all over the house, he needs diapers, would you please go get Mr. Juntao?”
“- Cigaweed Man: That's nothing but a cigarette...
- Carter: That's cigaweed!
- Cigaweed Man: Well it looked like a cigarette...
- Carter: You better have glaucoma.
- Cigaweed Man: I do.”