John Hawkes quotes
“- Miles Logan: All right check this out: This is a Brigga 3300, toughest safe in the world. What's the first thing you do?
- Eddie: Drill the lock.
- Miles Logan: No! You got to check to see if it's open.
- Miles Logan: It's open!
- Eddie: Really?
- Miles Logan: Nah I'm messin' wit- I'm messing with you! They would never do that! Now Eddie, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All this anger, man, it just begets greater anger.”
“I'm climbing Mount Everest... because I can... because to be able to climb that high and see that kind of beauty that nobody ever sees, it'd be a crime not to.”
“- Beck Weathers: What do you do when you're not climbing, Doug?
- Doug Hansen: I deliver the mail.
- Beck Weathers: First mailman on Everest?
- Doug Hansen: Hope so!”
“People think that foot pain is a fact of life, but life is actually better than that.”
“- Eddie: What the hell are you doing?
- Deacon: 17 million 4 ways I'm to greedy for that, Eddie.”
“It's not illegal to bribe congressmen. They starve otherwise.”
“- Jon Krakauer: It hurts. It's dangerous. I gotta ask the question, you know I do. Why?
- Doug Hansen: I have kids. They see a regular guy can follow impossible dreams, maybe they'll do the same.”
“Part of the way that I work is to observe.”
“I don't want to have to do this living. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.”
“- Christine Jesperson: What happened?
- Richard Swersey: I tried to save my life but it didn't work. I burned it.”
“You think you deserve that pain, but you don't.”