“Teaching Mrs. Tingle” quotes(1999)
Plot – Leigh Ann Watson has been a good girl for all her life. Now she needs the highest marks in history to get a scholarship and leave her hometown. The only obstacle is Mrs.Tingle, her terrible history teacher. Leigh Ann and two friends must outsmart their teacher using her same rules to save themselves.
All actors – Helen Mirren, Katie Holmes, Jeffrey Tambor, Barry Watson, Marisa Coughlan, Liz Stauber, Michael McKean, Molly Ringwald, Vivica A. Fox, John Patrick White, Robert Gant, Harvey Silver, John Embry, Cameron Glenar, Alan Heitz, Cherie Johnson, Brian Klugman, Dayna Price, Nicki Sixteen, Lesley Ann Warrenshow all
“Teaching Mrs. Tingle” Quotes 15 quotes
“Luke's a man, Jo Lynn. He'll always pursue that which is unobtainable. It's in his nature.”
“The role of savior does not suit mediocrity.”
“- Mrs. Tingle: Don't tease us, Mr. Berry. When you shoot, make it count.
- Brian Berry: It wasn't... I mean... I didn't think that...
- Mrs. Tingle: No, because that would require a cerebrum, and a few other missing parts.”
“Even the innocent sometimes burn at the stake.”
“- Mrs. Tingle: You've been sober, how long is it now?
- Principal Potter: Four years.
- Mrs. Tingle: There! I knew it was this week. Me and dates, you know, that's the curse of being a history teacher. Well congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. Just think, not one sip of alcohol in over four years, that's almost... unbelievable.”
“- Leigh Ann Watson: There are certain similarities between society today and seventeenth century Salem. I guess that would be the irony of it all.
- Mrs. Tingle: Irony is the opposite of what is or might be expected. For example, if Ms. Watson was expecting an A on her history project, she might find the actual result to be rather ironic.”
“- Principal Potter: I was thinking...
- Mrs. Tingle: No, don't do that, Mr. Potter. We still prefer that bristling wind effect you have on us.”
“- Mrs. Tingle: You present yourself with such self-assured tenacity, but your fear shows around the edges. You can do better.
- Jo Lynn Jordan: We're trying, Mrs. Tingle. Work with us.”
“Haven't you learned by now that history always repeats itself?”
“- Leigh Ann Watson: I am not scared of you.
- Mrs. Tingle: Who do you think you're fooling? You're so scared I can smell it. Your fear is the most predictable thing about you. You've lived your whole life in fear. Terrified of making a mistake, scared to death you won't get that A, that ticket out. Afraid you'll never escape your mother and her...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mrs. Tingle, threats are a sign of weakness.”
“The smartest girl in school caught cheating, it will be scandalous.”