Antiquity quotes13 antiquity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Sam: The ancients thought pure metals purified the blood.
- Brigitte: They thought leeches did, too.
- Sam: They do.”
“Try something new. I mean something old.”
“That's the great thing about bones, they never run away.”
“A long long time ago, the Earth was ruled by dinosaurs. They were big, so not a lot of people went around hassling 'em. Actually, no people went around hassling 'em 'cause there weren't any people yet.”
“- Hudson Hawk: What's with all these stones in people's backyard?
- Tommy Five-Tone: That is called ruins...”
“In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side.”
“- Noodles: What is it?
- Max: It's a throne. It was a gift to a pope. It cost me about 800 bucks.
- Carol: It's from the 17th century.
- Noodles: What are you going to do with it?
- Max: I'm sitting on it.”
“- Evelyn: Alexander the Great sent troops in search of it.
- Rick: Great for him.
- Evelyn: So did Caesar.
- Rick: Yeah, look what happened to his career.
- Evelyn: And Napoleon.
- Rick: Yeah, but we're smarter than him. And taller, too.
- Evelyn: Exactly. That's why we're the ones who are gonna find it.
- Rick: Because we're taller?”
“I fear my doctor may have been seized by the Romans!”