Forest Whitaker quotes
“- Louise Banks: The weapon is their language. They gave it all to us. Do you understand what that means?
- Colonel Weber: So we can learn heptapod. If we survive.
- Louise Banks: If you learn it, when you really learn it, you begin to perceive time the way that they do. So you can see what's to come. But time, it isn't the same for them. It's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bryan Mills: What's your first priority here, Inspector?
- Franck Dotzler: To arrest St. John and charge him with your ex-wife's murder.
- Bryan Mills: My first priority is my daughter.”
“- Louise Banks: If all I ever gave you was a hammer...
- Colonel Weber: Everything's a nail...”
“Remember what happened to the Aborigines. A more advanced race nearly wiped 'em out.”
- Ian Donnelly: Priority one: What do they want and where are they from? And beyond that, how did they get here? Are they capable of faster-than-light travel? I've prepared a list of questions to go over, starting with a series of "handshake" binary sequences...
- Louise Banks: How about we just talk to them before we start throwing math... (continue)(continue reading)
“I was almost killed. A truck's bumper was this far from my nose. My whole life passed before my eyes... and it wasn't even interesting to me.”
“- Saw Gerrera: You can stand to see the Imperial flag reign across the galaxy?
- Jyn Erso: It's not a problem if you don't look up.”
“God must have some kind of plan to teach me some kind of lesson. I just can't figure out what it is.”
“I don't think God meant for people to not have a family.”
“- Agent John Bannister: He was reaching for something. I was worried for my life. So I tried to hit you. I should have hit you the fuck harder.
- Man in Orange Suit: That's such bullshit.
- Agent John Bannister: Oh, so now you speak English?
- Man in Orange Suit: If you knew any Spanish, you'd know I was barely speaking it a minute ago.”
“Vietnam took my boy, and I didn't understand why we were there in the first place.”
“You've gotta let her hate you so she can get better.”
“There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there is nothing left to do, and nothing else to pursue.”