Nastassja Kinski quotes
“It's true what people say - that actors are the closest thing there is to children. They play.”
“Actors, after all, dream.”
“- Daniel Jelline: It's disgusting to be afraid to die.
- Elizabeth Carlson: People who go around talking about how unafraid they're to die usually are the most frightened of all.
- Daniel Jelline: Perhaps I am afraid to die.
- Elizabeth Carlson: Are you?
- Daniel Jelline: Sometimes terribly so. Sometimes I'm eager.”
“I'm afraid, Angel. I'm afraid.”
“- Daniella Eastman: What is that? A laughing apple?
- Carla Robbins: No. It's a little solid gold pumpkin Norman doesn't know he bought for me yet. It's for Halloween.”
“- Angel Clare: You are not the woman I love.
- Tess: Well, who am I then?
- Angel Clare: Another woman in her shape.”
“- Alec d'Urberville: What's the matter?
- Tess: A thorn.
- Alec d'Urberville: Aw, cousin, beauty has its price.”
“- Claude Eastman: Will you miss younger men?
- Daniella Eastman: The truth?
- Claude Eastman: No!
- Daniella Eastman: Younger men are like fast food restaurants. The food is fast, but it's not all that good. But, with you it's like dining in the most expensive restaurant in the world. Of course, the service may be a little slow...
- Claude...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angel Clare: Leave that! You're my wife, not my servant!
- Tess: I'm your wife? You don't want to live with me. You want to go, don't you?
- Angel Clare: I couldn't stay without despising myself. What is worse, without despising you.”
- Chris Morrow: Well, I was trained to swallow all sorts of things.
- Richard "Ditch" Brodie: Careful, I might just have to marry you.
“- Alec d'Urberville: I always go down hill at a gallop. You can't beat it for stirring the blood.
- Tess: But, perhaps, you needn't do so again.
- Alec d'Urberville: Perhaps, not. It all depends. One little kiss on those ruby lips or even on that satin cheek and I'd drive at a snails pace. Word of honor!
- Tess: But, I don't want to be kissed,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There are no stars tonight. Perhaps we could have made our souls take flight together.”
“I wish I'd never been born.”
“- Leila: If you wanna get rid of a circus girl, all you've gotta do is close your eyes.
- Hank: Yeah? Then what, circus girl?
- Leila: She disappears. Like spit on a griddle.”
“- Elizabeth Carlson: What do you want from me?
- Daniel Jelline: Everything. What do you want from me?
- Elizabeth Carlson: What do I want from you? I didn't break into your apartment, I didn't follow you all over New York.”
“- Angel Clare: I forgive you. But, forgiveness isn't all.
- Tess: Nor love me.”
“- Angel Clare: Which are my hands and which are yours?
- Tess: They're all yours.”
“- Tess: We can sometimes make our souls leave our bodies.
- Dairyman Crick: How's that then, lady?
- Tess: You only have to lie on the grass at night and look straight up at some great star. And stare at it with all your might. And by and by, you feel you're falling into the sky, miles and miles from your body, which you don't seem to need at all.”
- Chris Morrow: Shoot!
- Richard "Ditch" Brodie: Ah, it's broken!
- Chris Morrow: The safety's on, you idiot!