Tilda Swinton quotes
“You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life giving. Others...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Death is what gives life meaning. To know your days are numbered. Your time is short.”
“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them.”
“Love and manipulation, they share houses very often. They are frequent bedfellows.”
“- Susie: It felt like what I think it must feel like to fuck.
- Madame Blanc: Do you mean fuck a man?
- Susie Bannion: No. I was thinking of an animal.”
“A delusion is lies that tell truth.”
“When you dance the dance of another, you make yourself in the image of its creator. You empty yourself so that her work can live within you.”
“Movement is never mute. It is a language. It's a series of energetic shapes written in the air like words forming sentences. Like poems. Like prayers.”
“You can give someone your delusion, Sara. That's religion.”
“My friend, you suffer from the misplaced optimism of the doomed.”
“- Penelope Lanier: You're pretty domesticated for a rock star.
- Marianne Lane: Have I done anything to upset you?”
“- M. Gustave: Oh, dear God, what have you done to your fingernails?
- Madame D.: I beg your pardon?
- M. Gustave: This diabolical varnish; the color is completely wrong!
- Madame D.: Oh really? Don't you like it?
- M. Gustave: It's not that I don't like it; I am physically repulsed.”
“If sweet, sweet God loves you so, then I will make you worthy of His love. I've been watching for a long time. It's only in the face of horror that you truly find your nobler selves. And you can be so noble. So, I'll bring you pain, I'll bring you horror, so that you may rise above it. So that those of you who survive this reign of hell on Earth...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Order is the barrier that holds back the flood of death. We must all of us on this train of life remain in our allotted station. We must each of us occupy our preordained particular position. Would you wear a shoe on your head? Of course you wouldn't wear a shoe on your head.”
“What is any life without the pursuit of a dream?”
“- Katie Cox: Do you think that's enough carrots?
- Harry Pfarrer: What?
- Katie Cox: For the salad?
- Harry Pfarrer: You know you really are a negative person.
- Katie Cox: What?
- Harry Pfarrer: Yeah. I've tried to ignore it. To remain upbeat. You just can't help dragging everything down.”
“- Gabriel: I'm simply seeking to inspire mankind to all that is intended.
- John Constantine: By handing Earth over to the son of the Devil?”
“- Osbourne Cox: Some clown, or two clowns, have gotten a hold of my memoirs.
- Katie Cox: Your what?
- Osbourne Cox: Stolen it, or I don't know...
- Katie Cox: Your what?
- Osbourne Cox: My memoirs, the book I'm writing.
- Katie Cox: Well why in God's name would anyone think that's worth anything?”
“I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all.”