Marlon Brando quotes
“An actor's a guy who, if you ain't talking about him, ain't listening.”
“Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent.”
“- Don Vito Corleone: My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. Consigliore of mine, I think it's time you told your Don what everyone seems to know.
- Tom Hagen: I didn't tell Mama anything. I was just about to come up and wake you so that I could tell you.
- Don Vito Corleone: But you needed a drink first.
- Don...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Privacy is not something that I'm merely entitled to, it's an absolute prerequisite.”
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is my understanding that the Constitution of the United States allows everybody the free choice between cheesecake and strudel.”
“- Sergeant Sarah Brown: You want to take me to dinner in Havana, Cuba?
- Sky Masterson: Well, they eat in Cuba the same as we do.”
“One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Terry: If I spill, my life ain't worth a nickel.
- Father Barry: And how much is your soul worth if you don't?”
“- Edie: I've never met anyone like you. There's not a spark of sentiment or romance or human kindness in your whole body.
- Terry: What good does it do you but get you in trouble?”
“- Edie: Isn't everybody a part of everybody else?
- Terry: Boy, what a fruitcake you are!”
“- Edie: Which side are you with?
- Terry: Me? I'm with me, Terry.”
“Hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you.”
“Conscience... that stuff can drive you nuts!”
“Marriage is an institution. It's the bedrock of society.”
“Would people applaud me if I were a good plumber?”
“A cultural boneyard.”
“It seems to me hilarious that our government put the face of Elvis Presley on a postage stamp after he died from an overdose of drugs. His fans don’t mention that because they don’t want to give up their myths. They ignore the fact that he was a drug addict and claim he invented rock ‘n’ roll when in fact he took it from black culture.”
“He’s like a junkie – an applause junkie, like Sammy Davis Jr.”