Jessica Lange quotes
“There was that feminist myth that we can do everything. I don't think you can.”
“I have been a waitress, and I was a damn fine waitress too, let me tell you.”
“When you learn not to want things so badly, life comes to you.”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“He wants to have a baby... How'm I gonna do that, Frank?”
“- Roberta: What will they do to you if you don't pay?
- Jim Bennett: Break every bone in my body.”
“- Margaret Lewin: Any animal can give birth. That doesn't make it a mother.
- Khaila Richards: Are you calling me an animal? If you think you're going to just take my baby from me like some puppy from a pound, you got another thing coming, lady!”
“Photography was a blessing because it filled my time.”
“You know what, Chris, you can be a real little shit sometimes.”
“I know about loss, Max. I know about losing time, even losing years. And I know it doesn't compare to jail, but I can understand.”
“- Charlie Dick: Hey, I want you to get your coat. I want to drive you some place for a drink. I want us to dance awhile, then I want us to get to know each other a lot better.
- Patsy Cline: You want a lot don't you?
- Charlie Dick: Yeah I do baby.
- Patsy Cline: Well people in Hell want ice water, that don't mean they get it.”
"Honor is the gift a man gives himself". You told our boys that. Would you have stolen from yourself that which makes you Robert Roy MacGregor?
“To these men, the truth is but a lie undiscovered.”
“- Mrs. Wurtzel: Come on, this is the most important day of your life!
- Elizabeth: I thought that's when you get married.
- Mrs. Wurtzel: Huh, no honey, that's the worst day of your life.”
“There was no use telling him that Caroline hadn't turned him down. She'd just expressed a doubt. She'd spoken as a lawyer, when she should've spoken as a daughter. But my father's pride had been injured.”
“- Archibald Cunningham: Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too.
- Mary: I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.”