Jessica Lange quotes
“There was that feminist myth that we can do everything. I don't think you can.”
“I have been a waitress, and I was a damn fine waitress too, let me tell you.”
“When you learn not to want things so badly, life comes to you.”
“- Archibald Cunningham: Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too.
- Mary: I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“Fate. Destiny. Luck. The prisons of man. People pass the time, enjoying the choices life provides—coffee or tea, right or left. As if it matters. We are all just spinning on the wheel. There is but one way to keep off the wheel. It's not youth. It's not beauty or true love. I know how to stay off the wheel. I control my fate.”
“He wants to have a baby... How'm I gonna do that, Frank?”
“- Roberta: What will they do to you if you don't pay?
- Jim Bennett: Break every bone in my body.”
“- Margaret Lewin: Any animal can give birth. That doesn't make it a mother.
- Khaila Richards: Are you calling me an animal? If you think you're going to just take my baby from me like some puppy from a pound, you got another thing coming, lady!”
“Photography was a blessing because it filled my time.”
“You know what, Chris, you can be a real little shit sometimes.”
“I know about loss, Max. I know about losing time, even losing years. And I know it doesn't compare to jail, but I can understand.”
“- Charlie Dick: Hey, I want you to get your coat. I want to drive you some place for a drink. I want us to dance awhile, then I want us to get to know each other a lot better.
- Patsy Cline: You want a lot don't you?
- Charlie Dick: Yeah I do baby.
- Patsy Cline: Well people in Hell want ice water, that don't mean they get it.”
"Honor is the gift a man gives himself". You told our boys that. Would you have stolen from yourself that which makes you Robert Roy MacGregor?
“To these men, the truth is but a lie undiscovered.”
“- Mrs. Wurtzel: Come on, this is the most important day of your life!
- Elizabeth: I thought that's when you get married.
- Mrs. Wurtzel: Huh, no honey, that's the worst day of your life.”