George Peppard quotes
- Paul Varjak: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Zeb Rawlings: Mike King don't own the railroad!
- Jethro Stuart: Oh? I don't think he knows that.”
“There ain't much glory in lookin' at a man with his guts hanging out.”
“- Paul Varjak: [about Holly and Jose] So you're getting married, then?
- Holly Golightly: Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
- Paul Varjak: Four you mean?
- Holly Golightly: Huh?
- Paul Varjak: Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?”
“- Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
- Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
- Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?
- Paul Varjak: Yes.”
“- Holly Golightly: Don't you just love it?
- Paul Varjak: Love what?
- Holly Golightly: Tiffany's! ”
“- Holly: He's Rusty Troller!
- Holly:Rusty Troller... he happens to be the ninth richest man in America under fifty.
- Paul: Now that, indeed, is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips!
- Holly: I keep track of these things.”
“- Holly: Do you think she's talented? [Paul turns toward her] Deeply and importantly talented?
- Paul: No. Amusingly and superficially talented, yes, but . . . deeply and importantly, no [The stripper continues taking off her clothes until she has nothing left on except her bra, which she then removes. Holly raises her sunglasses].
- Holly:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: I'll never let anyone put me in a cage!
- Paul: I don't want to put you in a cage, I wanna love you.
- Holly: Same thing!
- Paul: No it's not, Holly.
- Holly: I'm not Holly! I'm not Lula Mae either. I don't know who I am. I'm like Cat here. We're a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul Varjak: Let’s get something straight. I am not now nor have I ever been Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be. My name is Paul - Paul
Varjak... and I love you.
- Holly Golightly: Let me go. ”
“- Paul Varjak: I...I hate to, uh...I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor...could I use the phone?
- Holly Golightly: Sure. Why not?
- Paul Varjak: Thank you. Well, this is a...nice little place you’ve got here. You just moved in, too, huh?
- Holly Golightly: No. I’ve been here about a year. The phone’s over there.
Well, it was....” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's me. It's your daddy. And I brought you a puppy for Christmas.”
“- Paul Varjak: Sally Tomato?
- Holly Golightly: Oh, don’t look so shocked. They couldn’t prove he was even part of the mafia, much less head of it. My dear, the only thing that they did was prove that he cheated at his income tax. Anyway, all I know is that he’s a darling old man. He was never my lover or anything like that. In fact, I never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul Varjak: Is she or isn’t she what?
- O.J. Berman: A phony.
- Paul Varjak: I don’t know. I don’t think so.
- O.J. Berman: So, you don’t, huh? Well, you’re wrong. She is. Uh, on the
other hand, you’re right, because she’s a real phony. You know why?
Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes in. I
mean it. Now look,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can’t go to Sing Sing with a green face.
- Paul Varjak: Sing Sing?
- Holly Golightly: I always thought it was a ridiculousname for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something.
Black, alligator. You know all the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!
- Paul Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday?
- Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.”
“- Paul Varjak: [reaches into his pocket at the Tiffany's counter] We could have something engraved, couldn't we?
- Tiffany's salesman: Yes, I suppose so, yes indeed... the only problem is you would more or less have to buy something first if only in order to have some object upon which to place the engraving... You see the difficulty...
- Paul...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul Varjak: I love you.
- Holly Golightly: So what.
- Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
- Holly Golightly: [tearfully] No. People don't belong to people.
- Paul Varjak: Of course they do!
- Holly Golightly: I'll never let anybody put me in a cage.
- Paul Varjak: I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!”