Mae West quotes
- From the movie: Klondike Annie
“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”
“- Jack Clayton: Oh I'm crazy about you.
- Tira: I did my best to make you that way.”
“- Serge Stanieff: I swear I shall make you happy. I shall die to make you happy.
- Lady Lou: Mmm, but you wouldn't be much use to me dead.”
“I'm the girl that works at Paramount all day, and Fox all night.”
“A figure with curves offers a lot of interesting angles.”
“- Jack Clayton: You were wonderful tonight.
- Tira: Yeah, I'm always wonderful at night.”
“Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.”
“Husband number six meet husband number four.”
“Listen, when women go wrong, men go right after them.”
“I've never seen that position before.”
“You know, it was a toss up whether I go in for diamonds or sing in the choir. The choir lost.”
“You're a man with ideals. Well, I guess I better be going while you still got them.”
“- Wayne Carter: I think you could turn a man's head very easily if he wasn't careful.
- Flower Belle: There's no fun in being too careful.”
“I generally avoid temptation... unless I can't resist it.”
“Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?”
“- Tira: You married or single?
- The Chump: Married five times.
- Tira: Five times? Wedding bells must sound like an alarm clock to you.”
“- Beulah: I been under the impression that you is a one-man woman.
- Tira: I am. One man at a time.”
“A real farmer. He spent his childhood in the wheat, and his marriage in the hay.”
“- Jack Clayton: Tonight, you were especially good.
- Tira: Well, when I'm good, I'm very good. But, when I'm bad... I'm better!”
“- Kirk Lawrence: You've been awfully kind. I'll never forget you.
- Tira: No one ever does.”
“- Lady Lou: Those absolutely necessary? You know I wasn't born with them.
- Captain Cummings: No. A lot of men would've been safer if you had.
- Lady Lou: Oh, I don't know hands ain't everything.”
“- Captain Cummings: Well, surely you don't mind my holding your hand?
- Lady Lou: It ain't heavy - I can hold it myself.”