Wit quotes39 wit quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There is certainly a higher percentage of wit in British comedy than in American comedy.”
“- Madeleine Swann: You shouldn't stare.
- James Bond: Well, you shouldn't look like that.”
“- Claire Peterson: Go fuck yourself.
- Noah Sandborn: I'd rather fuck you.”
“- Paul Varjak: [about Holly and Jose] So you're getting married, then?
- Holly Golightly: Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
- Paul Varjak: Four you mean?
- Holly Golightly: Huh?
- Paul Varjak: Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?”
“I may not be the original owner of your heart, but I am the better owner and a much healthier option too!”
“Being smart is the only defense I've ever had, but it's not enough anymore.”
“It is always the same: women bedeck themselves with jewels and furs, and men with wit and quotations.”
“- Sonny: What should I do?
- Mrs. Donnelly: That’s for you to decide.
- Sonny: Why won’t you tell me?
- Mrs. Donnelly: So you’ll know what to do after I’m gone.”
“I'd say it's still your day, ma'am.”
“Don't get hit too hard on that head of yours, your brain's showing occasional signs of thought.”
“- Evelyn Greenslade: I don't know why I tell you anything.
- Muriel Donnelly: Because I'm older and wiser.
- Evelyn Greenslade: Nineteen days older.
- Muriel Donnelly: That's the entire lifespan of a wasp.”
“- Nick Wild: I lectured on economics at Yale. I can memorize the front pages of The New York Times in five minutes, and repeat it back to you in five weeks. I was National Golden Gloves champion three years in a row. I'm fluent in four languages, and can wrestle with a menu in five more.
- Cyrus Kinnick: Jesus!
- Nick Wild: Don't interrupt me....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mr. Banks: Just a moment, Mary Poppins. What is the meaning of this outrage?
- Mary Poppins: I beg your pardon?
- Mr. Banks: Will you be good enough to explain all this?
- Mary Poppins: First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear.
- Mr. Banks: Yes?
- Mary Poppins: I never explain anything. ”
“Out of bullets. And besides, I've got something better to do.”
“I've got a little treat for y'all tonight. It's the man I knew as White Chocolate. Some might know him as Magic Mike. We gonna see if he still got some magic in that Mike. You down for a little fun tonight?”
“Well, it was that or the priesthood.”
“- Brian Gilcrest: Can I have a double espresso?
- Allison Ng: Good morning, sir! I'm so jacked for today!
- Brian Gilcrest: Make that a triple.”
“- Lavinia: You’re probably thinking that I’m a little young to be staying at the Marigold Hotel.
- Kushal: Either that or your plastic surgeon is a genius!”
“Welcome, James. It's been a long time... and, finally, here we are. What took you so long?”
“Woman shall be less castigated than men, as they are dimmer of wit and weaker before sin...”