“Blood Simple” quotes(1984)
Plot – It is a classic triangle: a husband, his wife and her lover. The husband Marty is a half paranoid Greek who runs a bar in Texas; the wife Abby, of whom Marty is jealous; the lover Ray, an employee in Marty's bar. Being suspicions, Marty first instructs Visser, a private "detective", to acquire the evidence and then to kill the lovers for a fee of $10,000. Visser is attracted by the money and agrees, but he has an idea. After photographing the two in a motel, he alters the photographs to make them appear dead and takes the new pictures to his client. As soon as he receives the money, however, he shoots Marty with Abby's gun, which he has stolen from her purse, so that the woman will be blamed of the crime. Later that night Ray goes to the offices of the bar to get his severance pay and finds Marty dead. At the discovery, Ray concludes that it must have been Abby to kill him. He panics, collects the gun, and goes to bury Marty in the countryside. Marty however...
All actors – John Getz, Frances McDormand, Dan Hedaya, M. Emmet Walsh, Samm-Art Williams, Deborah Neumann, Raquel Gavia, Van Brooks, Señor Marco, William Creamer, Loren Bivens, Bob McAdamsshow all
“Blood Simple” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Ray: Abby, I meant it, when I called.
- Abby: I love you too.
- Ray: You're scared.”
“These fucking things are nothing but coffin nails.”
“The world is full of complainers. And the fact is, nothing comes with a guarantee.”
“- Private Detective Loren Visser: I know a place you can get that framed.
- Julian Marty: What did you take these for?
- Private Detective Loren Visser: What do you mean? Just doing my job.
- Julian Marty: You called me, I knew they were there, so what do I need these for?
- Private Detective Loren Visser: Well, I don't know... call it a fringe...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Abby: I said, "Marty, how come you're anal, and I gotta go to the psychiatrist?".
- Ray: What'd he say?
- Abby: Nothing.
“- Julian Marty: Lover-boy ought to lock his door. I love you... that's a stupid thing to say, right?
- Abby: I... I love you too.
- Julian Marty: No. You're just saying that because you're scared. You left your weapon behind... he'll kill you too.”
“He was alive when I buried him.”
“Give me a call whenever you want to cut off my head. I can always crawl around without it.”
“- Abby: Ray, just tell me what happened?
- Ray: That's not important.”
“- Abby: He gave me a little pearl-handled .38 for our first anniversary.
- Ray: Uh-huh.
- Abby: Figured I'd better leave before I used it on him. I don't know how you can stand him.
- Ray: Well, I'm only an employee, I'm not married to him.”
“I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, what are you talking about? I haven't done anything funny.”
“- Abby: How come you offered to drive me in this mess?
- Ray: I told you, I like you.
- Abby: I never knew that.
- Ray: Well, now you do.
- Abby: Hell.”