News quotes104 news quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.”
“People's minds are overloaded with information.”
“- New York Times Reporter: If the Times had your report, we would print it, tomorrow.
- Daniel Jones: No. If it's gonna come out, it's gonna come out the right way.”
“The next time you want information, don't scratch for it like a dog, ask for it like a man!”
“I've never been shocked by anything on television, except the news.”
“I’m a newspaperwoman and I have an obligation to report the facts.”
“People write negatives things, cause they feel that's what sells. Good news to them, doesn't sell.”
“- Kate Macer: I was about to have sex with my hitman.
- Alejandro: He wasn't going to kill you... he just wanted to know what you know.”
“- Gloria: You know what could've prevented all this, don't you?
- Charles 'Chuck' Lane: No, what?
- Gloria: Pictures. How could you make up characters if everyone you wrote about had to be photographed?”
“Do you know what my husband said about the news? He called it the first rough draft of history.”
“How would you feel if you'd been dead a day and a half and someone brought your more bad news?”
“- The Great Gonzo: Stop the presses!
- Mike Tarkanian: Why? What happened?
- The Great Gonzo: I don't know. I just always wanted to say that.”
“What is news? It's hard to quantify. Certainly news has changed completely, and the morning shows are not really designed to bring you the news, except to tell you what happened overnight, and the rest of it is a kind of magazine mentality - a little bit of this, a little bit of that. It's harder to be an educated and informed citizen.”
“I feel like I'm wasting time if I repeat myself.”
“There's no news, boys, so go out there and make some news. Rob a bank, mug an old lady, whatever.”
“- Mrs. Montenegro: Mr. Peckinpaugh, I think I have some information regarding the untimely death of your late, deceased, murdered partner.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Who is this?
- Mrs. Montenegro: As the Chinese say, never mind. We must be careful; I'm being watched. Can we meet in your office in fifteen minutes?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: All right. What time...” (continue)(continue reading)