News quotes108 news quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.”
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood.”
“- Withnail: I've some extremely distressing news.
- ... & I: I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear anything. Oh God, it's a nightmare, I tell you, it's a nightmare.
- Withnail: We've just run out of wine. What are we gonna do about it?
- ... & I: I don't know, I don't know. Oh God, I don't feel good. My thumbs have gone weird! I'm in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People don't really want the truth, they just want good news.”
“My dad always told Sasha and me that it was our duty as citizens of the world to keep up with the news. When I was little and I was in his car, there were always those stories on the radio. Something happens 1,000 miles away or down the block. Some kind of horror I couldn't even wrap my head around. But he didn't change the channel. He didn't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People's minds are overloaded with information.”
“- New York Times Reporter: If the Times had your report, we would print it, tomorrow.
- Daniel Jones: No. If it's gonna come out, it's gonna come out the right way.”
“The next time you want information, don't scratch for it like a dog, ask for it like a man!”
“News is like a ship. You take your hands off the wheel and it pulls hard to the left.”
“I've never been shocked by anything on television, except the news.”
“I’m a newspaperwoman and I have an obligation to report the facts.”
“People write negatives things, cause they feel that's what sells. Good news to them, doesn't sell.”
“- Kate Macer: I was about to have sex with my hitman.
- Alejandro: He wasn't going to kill you... he just wanted to know what you know.”
“- Gloria: You know what could've prevented all this, don't you?
- Charles 'Chuck' Lane: No, what?
- Gloria: Pictures. How could you make up characters if everyone you wrote about had to be photographed?”
“Do you know what my husband said about the news? He called it the first rough draft of history.”
“How would you feel if you'd been dead a day and a half and someone brought your more bad news?”
“- The Great Gonzo: Stop the presses!
- Mike Tarkanian: Why? What happened?
- The Great Gonzo: I don't know. I just always wanted to say that.”
“What is news? It's hard to quantify. Certainly news has changed completely, and the morning shows are not really designed to bring you the news, except to tell you what happened overnight, and the rest of it is a kind of magazine mentality - a little bit of this, a little bit of that. It's harder to be an educated and informed citizen.”