“Brokeback Mountain” quotes(2005)
Plot – During the '60s people's behavior and the society itself have changed a lot. However, in the rural state of Wyoming things seem timeless and here two guys meet each other during a job as flocks keepers. Between Ennis and Jack arises a camaraderie relationship at first, which soon turns into an unexpected deep intimacy. By the end of the summer, they have to separate: Ennis comes back to his girlfriend Alma and marries her, while Jack moves to Texas, where he meets a rich rodeo queen, Lureen, and decides to get married too. Four years later, Ennis receives a Jack's sudden visit and it's immediately evident how time and distance have strengthened their relationship.
All actors – Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Randy Quaid, Valerie Planche, Dave Trimble, Victor Reyes, Lachlan Mackintosh, Michelle Williams, Larry Reese, Marty Antonini, Tom Carey, Dan McDougall, Don Bland, Steven Cree Molison, Anne Hathaway, Duval Lang, Dean Barrett, Hannah Stewart, Scott Michael Campbell, Mary Liboiron, Graham Beckel, Kade Phillips, Steffen Cole Moser, Brooklynn Proulx, Keanna Dubé, James Baker, Pete Seadon, Sarah Hyslop, Jacey Kenny, Jerry Callaghan, Cayla Wolever, Cheyenne Hill, Jake Church, Ken Zilka, John Tench, Linda Cardellini, Anna Faris, David Harbour, Kate Mara, Will Martin, Gary Lauder, Christian Fraser, Cam Sutherland, Roberta Maxwell, Peter McRobbie, , Jon-Paul Khouri, Mary McBride, Barb Mitchell, Rodrigo Prieto, Neil Riddaway, Ken Roberts, Kailin See, Richard Sherry, Jayson Therrien, Erika Walter, Tyson Wiebe, Nicola Wilsonshow all
“Brokeback Mountain” Quotes 16 quotes
“You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short fucking leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you... I can't make it on a coupla high-altitude fucks once or...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lureen Newsome: You don't think I'm too fast, do you? Maybe we should put the brakes on?
- Jack Twist: Fast or slow, I just like the direction you're goin'.”
“- Jack Twist: Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks.
- Ennis Del Mar: Hell, that's the most I've spoke in a year.”
“- Jack Twist: Anything interesting up there in heaven?
- Ennis Del Mar: I was just sending up a prayer of thanks.
- Jack Twist: For what?
- Ennis Del Mar: For you forgettin' to bring that harmonica. I'm enjoyin' the peace and quiet.”
“Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead.”
“There ain't never enough time, never enough...”
“- Jack Twist: The Pentecost... I don't... I don't know what the Pentecost is. I guess it means the world ends and guys like you and me march off to hell.
- Ennis Del Mar: Speak for yourself. You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity.”
“You don't say much but you get your point across.”
“- Ennis Del Mar: Was probably no fun anyway, was I?
- Cassie: Ennis, girls don't fall in love with fun!”
“- Jack Twist: Ever notice how a woman'll powder her nose before a party starts, and the powder it again when the party's over? Why powder your nose just to go home to bed?
- Randall Malone: Don't know. Even if I wanted to know, couldn't get a word in with Lashawn long enough to ask. Woman talks a blue streak.”
“If you got nothin', you don't need nothin'.”
“The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.”
“I wish I knew how to quit you.”
“- Ennis Del Mar: We can get together... once in a while, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, but...
- Jack Twist: Once in a while? Every four fuckin' years?
- Ennis Del Mar: If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it.
- Jack Twist: For how long?
- Ennis Del Mar: For as long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one.”