Sam Elliott quotes
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?
- Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley: Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.”
“- Sgt. Ernie Savage: Beautiful morning, Sergeant!
- Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley: What are you a fucking weatherman now?”
“- Young Cowboy: You're a hard man, Conagher.
- Conn Conagher: It's a hard country, kid.”
“Takes nerve to bring up a boy when a woman's alone.”
“- Bobby: If I was no good, why did you steal my fucking voice? Huh?
- Jack: Cause you had nothing to fucking say.”
“- Frederick Funston: These are insurrectos! And I'm Major Funston! You killed some of my men!
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: Major Funston! I can't take it back. We're all going the same place, now let's get there together!”
“I met the love of my life... only I killed her dog before I got the chance to tell her.”
“- Johnny McGivern: Why didn't you draw on Kiowa?
- Conn Conagher: You mean, was I afraid? Staples didn't need killing. He needed to be taught a lesson.
- Johnny McGivern: He'd had killed you if he had the chance.
- Conn Conagher: He might have. But I'll tell you something, kid. Any man who kills when he could do otherwise is crazy. Just plumb...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I want something embarassing! Something sexual! Little boys, midgets, that sort of thing! Cows! I don't give a goddamn!”
“Hugh Grant is the main man. He's the number one romantic comedy man in the world.”
“Any of these Vietnam vets that have been there and know the deal, they don't feel that any Hollywood endeavor about the Vietnam era has ever gotten it right yet.”
“I was single-minded on what I wanted to do since I was like nine or ten.”
“A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.”
“To the officers: may we all be killed, wounded or promoted.”
“- Henry Nash: Captain, hadn't you better get down?
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: There ain't a Spanish bullet made that can kill me!”