Chow Yun-Fat quotes
“Like most things, I am nothing.”
“Most things go in and out of style, that is with the exception of war of course.”
“- John Lee: My father taught me how to shoot.
- Meg Coburn: Playing catch is so impersonal.”
- Insp. "Tequila" Yuen: What's with all these paper cranes? You bored? Maybe you feel lonelyhere?
- Alan: You know, I've always hated making cranes. I make one each time I kill somebody. How about it, shall I make you one?
- Insp. "Tequila" Yuen: No thanks. And if you'll get killed, who'll make yours?
“- Danny Wallace: How do I know I can trust you?
- Nick Chen: You don't.”
“Working in front of the camera keeps me alive. I couldn't care less about actors' trailers and food on sets and stuff like that - I just want to act.”
“Some of the substance of English words, I just don't understand at all because the culture's so strange to me.”
“An actor is only merchandise.”
“As an actor we're just like workers in a factory, we provide our services to directors.”
“Give yourself up and find yourself again.”
“- John Lee: He's my patron.
- Meg Coburn: Patron?
- John Lee: He made it possible for me to come here.
- Meg Coburn: What does he, sponsor you to play the violin?
- John Lee: ... in exchange for... services.
- Meg Coburn: What a nice way of saying you kill people.”
“- Anna Leonowens: I would like to know why, if science can unravel something as beautiful as music... why it cannot posit a solution for a schoolteacher and a king.
- King Mongkut: The manner in which people might understand such new possibilities is also process of evolution.
- Anna Leonowens: Everything in Siam has its own time.”
“You're full of shit, you know that? There's a toilet over there.”
“I will be there in your dreams, as you will be in mine.”
“- Anna Leonowens: My mind has taken me down many roads of late. All of which lead absolutely nowhere. What would Buddha say of that?
- King Mongkut: That roads are for journeys, ma'am, not destinations.”
“The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.”
“- King Mongkut: Gazing at the moon?
- Anna Leonowens: Yes, it is beautiful.
- King Mongkut: As the sun rises, she will surrender the night, but she is always with him, even when he cannot see her.
- Anna Leonowens: It must be a great comfort to him.”
“The Royal Family: Twenty three wives, forty two concubines, fifty eight offspring, and ten more on the way. Each one unique. Each one my hope for the future. I understand your surprise. Not as many as the Emperor of China, but he did not spend half of life in monastery. King making up for lost time.”