“Carbon Copy” quotes(1981)
Plot – Walter Whitney lives in a luxurious villa in California and works as executive at the Unilectron. To be successful, Walter has accepted many compromises, for example he has given up to his lover. When a guy shows him up, Walter's quite world is turned upside down, because he's the son of her abandoned lover.
All actors – George Segal, Susan Saint James, Jack Warden, Dick Martin, Denzel Washington, Paul Winfield, Macon McCalman, Vicky Dawson, Parley Baer, Vernon Weddle, Edward Marshall, Ed Callshow all
“Carbon Copy” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Vivian Whitney: Roger, we're having chicken for dinner.
- Roger Porter: I just love chicken, ma'am.
- Vivian Whitney: I know you do.”
“- Walter Whitney: How much did you pay for this car?
- Roger Porter: 14 dollars and a record player.
- Walter Whitney: You were robbed!”
“I'll shovel it. I'll live in it. But I won't take it.”
“- Reverend Hayworth: God is white. It's simple logic. His son is white.
- Walter Whitney: That's not proof. I'm white. My son is black.”
“When you're shoveling manure you really find out which way the wind is blowing.”
“- Mary Ann: Have you ever been arrested?
- Walter Whitney: That's an offensive question, Mary Ann.
- Roger Porter: Yes, little sister, I've been busted by the pigs.”
"All Power to the People"? They had it once. It was called the Stone Age.
“- Walter Whitney: It's hard to hate you, Nelson. You have just enough logic to give your sickness respectability. You've sentenced whole races of people to be born losers, and as the father of one, I object. Not that he was born with two strikes on him, but that you won't give him a third pitch to swing at. Goodbye, Nelson.
- Nelson Longhurst:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walter Whitney: I'm Jewish, my son is black and my lawyer smokes pot. Don't tell me I'm not in trouble.
- Victor Bard: Hey, it makes me feel better, and does not affect my judgment. I delivered the valedictorian speech at Harvard... completely stoned.”
“Walter, you were like a son to me. But as you well know, having a son can turn out to be a bitter disappointment.”
“I don't mind living in Watts, but do we have to live in the poor section?”
“Why is it that ones who always bring up the past are those who never lived in it?”