“Life of Brian” quotes(1979)
Plot – The life and death of a fellow of Jesus according to the Monthy Python. The terrible British band Monty Python - here with all the members - doesn’t hold itself back. The movie is hilarious especially in the original version and it was released in Italy more than ten years later, possibly for fears related to the Catholic Church.
All actors – Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin, Terence Bayler, Carol Cleveland, Kenneth Colley, Neil Innes, Charles McKeown, John Young, Gwen Taylor, Sue Jones-Davies, Peter Brett, John Case, Chris Langham, Andrew MacLachlan, Bernard McKenna, Spike Milligan, , George Harrison, Charles Knodeshow all
“Life of Brian” Quotes 27 quotes
“- Stan aka Loretta: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
- Reg: But you can't have babies.
- Stan aka Loretta: Don't you oppress me.
- Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?”
- First Centurion: What you mean "Could be worse"?
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: You could be stabbed.
- First Centurion: Stabbed? Takes a second. Crucifixion lasts hours. It's a slow, horrible death.
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: At least it gets you out in the open air.
“- Parvus: It doesn't matter! You're all going to die in a day or two.
- Gregory: It may not matter to you, Roman, but it certainly matters to us. Doesn't it, darling?
- Mrs. Gregory: Oh, rather.
- Gregory: Under the terms of the Roman occupancy, we're entitled to be crucified in a purely Jewish area.”
“- Wise Man #1: We were led by a star.
- Mandy Cohen: Led by a bottle, more like.”
“Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true.”
“- Brian Cohen: Lay off, I've had a hard time!
- Ben: You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.”
“Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say: some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble; give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best. And... always look on the bright side of life...”
“- Francis: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
- Stan aka Loretta: I want to be one.
- Reg: What?
- Stan aka Loretta: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
- Reg: What?
- Stan aka Loretta: It's my right as a man.”
“- Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
- Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
- Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.”
“- Brian Cohen: Why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?
- Ex-Leper: I could do that sir. I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the ass to be blunt and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brian Cohen: I am not the Messiah!
- Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.”
“- Reg: If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans.
- Brian Cohen: I do!
- Reg: How much?
- Brian Cohen: A lot!
- Reg: Right, you're in.”
“- Mrs. Gregory: What's so special about the cheesemakers?
- Gregory: Obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.”
“- Nisus Wettus: Crucifixion?
- Mr. Cheeky: No, freedom actually.
- Nisus Wettus: What?
- Mr. Cheeky: They said I hadn't done anything and I could go and live on an island somewhere.”
“- Mr. Big Nose: I warned you. I'm going to punch you so hard, you Roman git!
- Parvus: Shut up, you Jewish turd!
- Mr. Big Nose: Who are you calling Jewish? I'm not Jewish! I'm a Samaritan!
- Gregory: A Samaritan? This is supposed to be a Jewish section.”
“You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!”
“- Brian Cohen: No, no. Please, please please listen. I've got one or two things to say.
- The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
- Brian Cohen: Look, you've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!”
“Sex, sex, sex, that's all these kids talk about!”