Ancestry quotes36 ancestry quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Let us praise famous men and our fathers that begat us. All these men were honoured in their generations and were a glory in their days. We are here today to give thanks for the life of Harold Abrahams. To honour the legend. Now there are just two of us - young Aubrey Montague and myself - who can close our eyes and remember those few young men...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Quincy Adams: I'm telling you, I'm preparing you, I suppose I'm explaining to you that the test ahead of us is an exceptionally difficult one.
- Cinque: We won't be going there alone.
- John Quincy Adams: Alone? Indeed not, no we have right at our side, we have righteousness at our side. We have Mr Baldwin over there.
- Cinque: I meant my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is the heart of Camelot, not these stones, not these timbers, these palaces and towers. Burn them all and Camelot lives on, because it lives in us. Camelot is a belief that we hold in our hearts.”
“We weren't able to get anything out of the Yanomamo except for the wristwatch they gave us as a token of their gratitude to an ally, an ally they continue to fear and mistrust, so I've decided to try an experiment in psychology: to strip myself completely, clothes, weapons, dog tags, rings, everything, to become like them, naked and unfettered...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Harry Crumb: What's this? An egg?
- Eliot Draison: It's a pterodactyl egg. It's fossilized. It's 90 million years old. In the entire world, only two of these have ever been found.
- Harry Crumb: You know, that may be worth something.”
“- Saleslady: May I help you?
- Monty Capuletti: No, we're just browsing.
- Saleslady: How long do you intend to browse?
- Monty Capuletti: That lady over there, you didn't ask her how long she's going to browse.
- Saleslady: You don't look like browsers.
- Nicky Cerone: Yeah, what do browsers look like?
- Monty Capuletti: Yeah, maybe I'm half...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eowyn: I'm going to save you.
- Theoden: You already did... Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.”
“You're about to enter the Animus. What you're about to see, hear and feel are the memories of your ancestor, who has been dead for five hundred years.”
“- Billy: You know how to use that thing?
- Sheriff Ike Slayton: My mother was full-blooded Cherokee, it's in the genes.”
“- Eddie: Boy, that Count really got class.
- Rover Dangerfield: I guess that's my trouble, no class. I looked up my family tree, two dogs were using it!”
“- Veronica Franco: My people are true citizens 700 years back.
- Marco Venier: A coat of arms does not an inheritance make.”
“Why does he have to do the roots thing? Aren't we good enough parents?”
- Jekyll: How far into the muck of my beast ancestors have I descended?
[a "baa" is heard from offscreen. Jekyll turns and sees a sheep]
- Jekyll: That far?
“- Dracula: You were born in the wrong time, Cindy Sondheim. In the other age things were simpler, less complicated. Do you know how many women had nervous breakdowns in the fourteenth century?
- Cindy Sondheim: No.
- Dracula: Three.”
“She descended from a long line her mother listened to.”
“Great Spirit, Maker of All Life. A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Tell them to be patient and ask death for speed, for they are all there but one, I, Chingachgook, last of the Mohicans.”
“- Will Stanton: Who are you?
- Merriman Lyon: We're the old ones. Well to tell the truth, we're neither young nor old, being outside time. You're the last of us to be born. You are the Sign Seeker.”
“Our country is all that we have, and we will fight to keep it.”