“Casualties of War” quotes(1989)
Plot – The young sensitive and emotional soldier Eriksson fights in Vietnam for just three weeks, then he's trapped in a Vietcong tunnel and rescued by Meserve, his brave sergeant. The other members of the team are Clark, Hatcher, Diaz and Brown, who gets killed by a sniper in a village. His fellows feel anger and hatred so they kidnap and rape Dahn, a young Vietnamese peasant, to take revenge. Eriksson refuses to take part to that violence, but he's torn between discipline and his moral principles.
All actors – Michael J. Fox, Sean Penn, Don Harvey, John C. Reilly, John Leguizamo, Thuy Thu Le, Erik King, Jack Gwaltney, Ving Rhames, Dan Martin, Dale Dye, Steve Larsonshow all
“Casualties of War” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Prosecutor: So you don't feel responsible for the rape and murder?
- Cpl. Thomas E. Clark: No, sir. I don't.
- Prosecutor: Is it your feeling, Corporal Clark that you are wrongly brought to trial by the U.S. Government?
- Cpl. Thomas E. Clark: I don't have anything against the government. But I just think soldiers like Tony Meserve and me......” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is a weapon, this is a gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun.”
“- Prosecutor: Is it standard for U.S. personnel to have sex with prisoners and kill them?
- Sgt. Tony Meserve: The prisoner tried to give away the squad's position.
- Prosecutor: She was ill and coughing from the abuse of you and your men. She shouldn't have been there to jeopardize your position! You dragged her out and raped her! And then you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What happened is the way things are. So why try to buck the system?”
“I've seen a lot of killing... which it's our duty to do, because it's kill or be killed. Sometimes you hate the enemy so badly.”
“- Cpl. Thomas E. Clark: When's the last time you had a real woman, Sarge?
- Sgt. Tony Meserve: She was real. I think she was real.”
“I walk through the valley of evil, I shall fear no death. Because I'm the meanest motherfucker in the valley.”
“Maybe when I'm through with her, I'm gonna come after you. Maybe when I'm done humping her, I'm gonna come hump you!”
“- Sgt. Tony Meserve: You're taking your turn in there.
- Eriksson: No! I'm raping nobody!”
“Everybody's acting like we can do anything and it doesn't matter what we do. Maybe we got to be extra careful because maybe it matters more than we even know.”
“- Chaplain Kirk: Are you religious, son? I'm a methodist.
- Eriksson: I'm a lutheran.
- Chaplain Kirk: Well, we can still talk, can't we?”