Sean Penn quotes
“- Walter Mitty: When are you going to take it?
- Sean O'Connell: Sometimes I don't. If I like a moment, for me, personally, I don't like to have the distraction of the camera. I just want to stay in it.”
Remember when Paul McCartney wrote the song "Michelle" and then he only wrote the first part, Annie said. And then he gave that part to John Lennon, and he wrote the part that said, "I love you, I love you, I love you." And Annie said that it wouldn't have been the same song without that... and that's why the whole world cried when the Beatles... (continue)(continue reading)
“You want me to be kinder! Softer! I say... I say no! Be harder! Be a rock. Or polyurethane! I say, be a thing and live.”
“Is God good? I don't know. All I know is something might give you comfort. And maybe you deserve it. If it comforts you to believe in God, you do it, that's Your business. People have guilty, you know, guilty secrets, well if that's yours, that you want to go believe in something, well that's not so bad.”
“They can rebuild the White House, but they will never forget me. Not ever.”
“People like you don't know what is like to get hurted. Because you don't have feelings. People like you don't feel anything!”
“There’s only one rule: you save your own ass.”
“- Maureen Murphy Quinn: I wanna take beer bottles and smash 'em over people's heads.
- Eddie Quinn: Ok.
- Maureen Murphy Quinn: I just wanna, I wanna smash 'em.
- Eddie Quinn: Ok.
- Maureen Murphy Quinn: 'Cause I love you.”
“- Mitch Racine: Mr. Cohen, I swear to God...
- Mickey Cohen: You're talkin' to God, Mitch, so you might as well swear to me.”
“Story of my life. Some bum's always trying to steal what's mine.”
“So this is death's waiting room.”
“- Eddie Quinn: Hey, don't blame her! What difference does it make what she says, what she feels, what she thinks? For whatever reason, she belongs to me.
- Joey: Yeah, you two pricks belong together.”
“- Brad Hamilton: Hey, you guys had shirts on when you came in here.
- Jeff Spicoli: Well, something must have happened to them.”
“- Darlene: Are you aware that you're yelling?
- Eddie: My voice is raised in emphasis. It's a perfectly legitimate use of volume.”
“- Jack Whalen: You expecting some trouble, Mickey? You lookin' for some?
- Mickey Cohen: My dog, Mickey Junior... he shits more trouble than you're gonna give me.”
“There is a number hidden in every act of life, in every aspect of the universe.”
“How many lives do we live? How many times do we die? They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death. Everyone.”
“Did you know that eating alone could cause kidney damage?”