“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” quotes(2004)
Plot – Joel is stunned when he finds out that his girlfriend Clementine has put herself through a process that erases their relationship from her memory. He is desperate, so he asks the inventor of this process, Dr. Howard Mierzwiak, to cancel Clementine from his memory too. Joel's memories progressively disappear, but during the process Joel falls in love again with Clementine. From the deep recesses of his mind, Joel struggles to escape the process. Dr. Mierzwiak and his team throw themselves into the maze of his memories, but it soon becomes clear that Joel just cannot take Clementine off of his mind.
All actors – Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Gerry Robert Byrne, Elijah Wood, Thomas Jay Ryan, Mark Ruffalo, Jane Adams, David Cross, Kirsten Dunst, Tom Wilkinson, Ryan Whitney, Debbon Ayer, Amir Ali Said, Brian Price, Paulie Litt, Josh Flitter, Lola Daehler, Deirdre O'Connell, Lauren Adlershow all
“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” Quotes 18 quotes
“Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks.”
“I'm lost! I'm scared! I feel like I'm disappearing! My skin's coming off! I'm getting old! Nothing makes any sense to me.”
“- Joel Barish: It would be different, if we could just give it another go-round.
- Clementine Kruczynski: Try your best; maybe we can.”
“I could die right now, I'm just happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be.”
“I can't remember anything without you.”
“- Joel Barish: I do sorta live with someone though.
- Clementine Kruczynski: Male or female?
- Joel Barish: Female... female...
- Clementine: At least I'm not barking up the wrong tree!”
“- Clementine Kruczynski: You're not a stalker, or anything, right?
- Joel Barish: I'm not a stalker. You're the one that talked to me, remember?
- Clementine Kruczynski: That is the oldest trick in the stalker book.”
“Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.”
“Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours.”
“- Clementine Kruczynski: People have to share things.That's what intimacy is.
- Joel Barish: I'm sorry, my life isn't that interesting.
- Clementine Kruczynski: I want to read some of those journals you're constantly scribbling in. What do you write in there if you don't have any thoughts or passions or... love?”
“The only Valentine's Day cards I get are from my mother. How pathetic is that?”
“Adults are, like, this mess of sadness and phobias.”
“What a loss to spend that much time with someone, only to find out that she's a stranger.”
“Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.”
“- Joel Barish: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
- Clementine Kruczynski: But you will! You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.”