“Nick of Time” quotes(1995)
Plot – Gene Watson is obliged by a pair of agents, Mr. Smith and Miss Jones, to complete a deadly mission within 90 minutes, that is to kill State Governor Eleanor Grant, who's at a convention in the great Westin Bonaventure Hotel. He's given a weapon and he's watched by his torturer. Many times Gene is near to the Governor but he can't shoot in the middle of the crowd, so Huey, a black veteran and the hotel's shoeshine, helps him. When he begins to fire, the Governor's special assistant dies and Eleanor learns not only someone's attempting to her life, but her own husband is part of the plot too. The shooting ends with the death of several people, but the Governor is alive and Gene must fight again.
All actors – Johnny Depp, Courtney Chase, Charles S. Dutton, Christopher Walken, Roma Maffia, Marsha Mason, Peter Strauss, Gloria Reuben, Bill Smitrovich, G.D. Spradlin, Yul Vazquez, Edith Diazshow all
“Nick of Time” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Lynn Watson: Why do you keep looking at me?
- Ms. Jones: It's my job. I'm your babysitter.
- Lynn Watson: I'm not a baby.
- Ms. Jones: Oh, you're a big girl?
- Lynn Watson: I'm not a big girl, but I'm not a baby.”
“- Gene Watson: That's why you should always wear a helmet and knee pads. Because you never know when you're going to fall down and go boom. Right?
- Lynn Watson: Right.”
“- Lynn Watson: You stole that.
- Ms. Jones: No, I didn't. I confiscated it. There's a difference.
- Lynn Watson: No, there's not.”
“- Gene Watson: Who are you?
- Mr. Smith: I'm the guy who'll kill your daughter if you don't get moving.”
“- Mr. Smith: Tell me why he's dead.
- Gene Watson: Because you killed him.
- Mr. Smith: That's right, I did. I killed him. He fucked up one too many times. So, I put a bullet in his eye. Then, I put two more into him just to make sure. Now, that was somebody I loved; I loved him! But I got the call, and I put him down like a sick animal.”
“- Ms. Jones: I don't want my windshield clean. So, just get out of here.
- Mr. Huey: Oh, you just think you don't want your windshield clean.
- Ms. Jones: No, I know that I don't want my windshield cleaned. So, get out of here.
- Mr. Huey: Oh, come on. Don't be like that. Just think of me as the Moses of dirty windshields, leading you through...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gene Watson: There's a little girl in a van. She's my daughter.
- Mr. Huey: I'm a little deaf in this ear. I mean, between that and my wooden leg, I'm all messed up. Compliments of the United States Army artillery corps.”
“Look at her. That's what it looks like. She was alive a minute ago, and now she's dead because you wouldn't do what I told you to do.”
“- Gene Watson: I'm an accountant.
- Mr. Huey: Well, don't denigrate yourself, my friend. Where would the government be without accountants, huh? They wouldn't know how hard they could squeeze us until we popped. Isn't that right?”