“Out to Sea” quotes(1997)
Plot – Charlie Gordon has a passion for horse races but he wastes soon all his money. He's hounded by creditors and embarks on a cruise ship with his brother-in-law Herb. Charlie makes Herb think he has free tickets, but actually he has applied them for a job in the ballroom. The director suspects them because they can't dance at all. Charlie meets Liz while Herb, as a widower, is attracted by Vivian. Charlie is a skillful cards player so Liz thinks he's a wealthy businessman, but the situation complicates and everyone is forced to leave the ship. The couples stay together while the director remains in his beloved ballroom.
All actors – Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Dyan Cannon, Gloria DeHaven, Brent Spiner, Elaine Stritch, Hal Linden, Donald O'Connor, Edward Mulhare, Rue McClanahan, Alexandra Powers, Sean O'Bryanshow all
“Out to Sea” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Charlie Gordon: Liz... from the first moment I saw you on that ship... it was my intention to lie to you, I swear.
- Liz LaBreche: Well, that's sweet.
- Charlie Gordon: What I didn't intend, was falling in love with you.”
“- Charlie Gordon: Why are you sterilizing your trousers?
- Herb Sullivan: I'm steaming them.
- Charlie Gordon: Oh, then what are you gonna' do, eat 'em with garlic butter?
- Herb Sullivan: It takes the wrinkles out, you imbecile!
- Charlie Gordon: Huh! When a man is steaming his pants at midnight, it generally means there's a broad.”
“- Charlie Gordon: I'm waiting for my sexual prime.
- Liz LaBreche: And just when do you think that's gonna happen?”
“There's no such thing as too late. That's why they invented death.”
“- Mavis LaBreche: I saw the way you were looking at my daughter's chest.
- Charlie Gordon: I used to be a cardiologist.”
“I have lived for 71 years, I've fought a war, I've buried my wife and I've survived 48 white sales at Gimble's. So if you think a little fop like you is gonna stop me, you've got another think coming!”
“- Mavis LaBreche: Which Wright brother did you buy this plane from?
- Willie the Pilot: Probably the one you dated in high school.
- Mavis LaBreche: Oh, that's reassuring. We have a funny pilot.”
“- Charlie Gordon: Should've had him neutered.
- Liz LaBreche: Oh, I did, ha ha. Except I used an attorney instead of a doctor.”