Brent Spiner quotes
“In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to act as a flotation device.”
“- Data: Sir, does tactile contact alter your perception of the Phoenix?
- Picard: Oh, yes! For humans, touch can connect you to an object in a very personal way, make it seem more real.”
“- Patricia Whitmore: Why are they screaming?
- Dr. Brakish Okun: They're not screaming. They're celebrating.”
“- Borg Queen: Are you familiar with physical forms of pleasure?
- Data: If you are referring to sexuality, I am... fully functional, programmed in... multiple techniques.
- Borg Queen: How long since you've used them?
- Data: Eight years, seven months, sixteen days, four minutes, twenty-two...
- Borg Queen: Far too long.”
“Time to kick some serious alien ass.”
“If you look around at the people in show business today they are basically the people who didn't give up.”
“When you are a kid, everybody wants to be an actor.”
“- Data: I am unlike any lifeform you have encountered before. The codes stored in my neural net cannot be forcibly removed.
- Borg Queen: You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding you weakness is only a matter of time.”
“I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities.”
“- Data: Captain Picard agrees that the B-4 was probably designed with the same self-actualization parameters as myself. If my memory engrams are successfully integrated into his positronic matrix, he should have all my abilities.
- Geordi La Forge: Yeah, but he would also have all of your memories as well. You feel comfortable with that?
- Data:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ladies and gentlemen, and invited transgendered species. In my study of Terran and Betazoid conjugal rites, I have discovered it is traditional to present the happy couple with a gift.”
“- B-4: My... my brother was not human?
- Jean-Luc Picard: No, he wasn't. But his wonder, his curiosity about every facet of human nature allowed all of us to see the best parts of ourselves. He evolved; he embraced change, because he always wanted to be better than he was.”
“- Data: I feel obliged to point out that the environmental anomalies may have stimulated certain rebellious instincts common to youth, which could affect everyone's judgment... Except mine of course.
- Beverly: Okay Data. What do you think we should do?
- Data: Saddle up, lock and load!”
“- Data: My operation depends on specifications that do not change. I will never know the experience of growing up or tripping over my own feet.
- Artim: But you've never had adults telling you what to do all the time, or bedtimes, or having to eat food you don't like.
- Data: I would gladly accept the requirement of a bedtime in exchange for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Picard: Data, what's the last thing you remember?
- Data: [singing] His nose should pant, and his lip should curl...
- Picard: From the mission.”
“- Pistachio Disguisey: This is what I want you to do. Any Questions?
- Devlin Bowman: Did you just tell me to shut up?
- Pistachio Disguisey: Yes.”
“- Artim: Do machines ever play?
- Data: Yes. I play the violin, and my chess routines are quite advanced.
- Artim: No, I mean, haven't you ever just played? For fun?
- Data: Androids do not have fun.”
“- Data: She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer.
- Picard: How long a time?
- Data: 0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity.”
“- Data: Captain, I believe I am feeling... anxiety. It is an intriguing sensation. A most distracting...
- Picard: Data, I'm sure it's a fascinating experience, but perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now.
- Data: Good idea, sir... Done.
- Picard: Data, there are times that I envy you.”
“- Borg Queen: You are in chaos, Data. You are the contradiction: a machine who wishes to be human.
- Data: Since you seem to know so much about me, you must be aware I am programmed to evolve. To better myself.
- Borg Queen: We too are on a quest to better ourselves, evolving toward a state of perfection.
- Data: Forgive me: the Borg do not...” (continue)(continue reading)