Football quotes76 football quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, it's bigger than Christmas day.”
“- Coach Herman Boone: What about you? You going to college?
- Louie Lastik: [laughs] No, not me coach. I ain't a brainiac like Rev.
- Coach Herman Boone: Think you got a future in football?
- Louie Lastik: Heck no! I figured as long I'm going to be in school, I might as well hit some people while I'm at it.”
“This is no democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am the law.”
“- Shane Falco: Why me?
- Jimmy McGinty: I look at you and I see two men: the man you are, and the man you ought to be. Someday those two will meet. Should make for a hell of a football player.”
“You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two-year-old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection!”
“They have lots of body parts. Arms and legs and hands, from hospitals and medical schools. And do you know where they store 'em? Right underneath the football field. So while it's fine and dandy to have 100,000 fans cheering for you, the bodies you should be worried about are the ones right under the turf. Set to poke up through the ground and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thirty-two teams, seven rounds, 224 young men who, today, are about to become players in the National Football League. A day where lives are changed, fates are decided, dynasties are born, and the clock is always ticking. Of course, I'm talking about... Draft Day.”
“- Happy Gilmore: A guy your size, why don't you play a real sport, like football?
- Chubbs: My Momma wouldn't sign the permission slip. Said it might be a little too dangerous.
- Happy Gilmore: Yeah, good call.”
“- Maggie: You could have gotten killed.
- Lucas: Did we win?
- Maggie: No way.
- Lucas: Boy. They sure were big.
- Maggie: I don't want you ever playing football again.”
“The Bible says that God put us here for Him. To honour Him. Jesus said that the most important thing you can do with your life is to love God with everything you are, to love others and yourself. So if we win every game and we miss that, we've done nothing. Football then means nothing. So I'm here to present you a new team philosophy. I think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brock Kelley: You don't want us to win games?
- Grant Taylor: No. Not if that's our main goal. Winning football games is too small a thing to live for. And I love football as much as anybody. But even championship trophies will collect dust and one day be forgotten.”
“What family would want a daughter-in-law who can run around kicking football all day but can't make round chapatis?”
“- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: Don, have you ever thought about why we play football? How many times have you gotten laid strictly because you're a football player?
- Don Dawson: I don't know. A few, I guess.
- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: A few? Don, all I'm saying is, I bet we could do just as well if we were in a band or something.”
“- Armand Goldman: Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!
- Albert Goldman: How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response?”
“- J.T. Hawkins Jr.: You act like you gonna miss before you even kick the ball. See, we're gonna have to change your whole kicking philosophy. Now see, you kick it wide left, or wide right, but that ain't gonna get you home. The ball has got to go through the middle.
- David Childers: I know, coach.”
“- Ted Kramer: I see the Knicks finally won a game, what do you know?
- Billy Kramer: I don't care.
- Ted Kramer: What do you mean?
- Billy Kramer: I like Boston.
- Ted Kramer: Boston? Why do you like Boston?
- Billy Kramer: 'Cause Mommy's from Boston.”
“Some of these football dicks make their girlfriends come and watch them practice as if it's interesting.”