“Sweet Home Alabama” quotes(2002)
Plot – Melanie is a stylist ready to conquer New York. The city’s eligible bachelor falls in love with her and asks her to marry him. However, in Alabama there is her past, the soundtrack of her youth, a modest family, a husband she married during high school, the foolish friends. Before getting married again, she has to divorce from her first husband and her personal story.
All actors – Reese Witherspoon, Josh Lucas, Patrick Dempsey, Candice Bergen, Mary Kay Place, Fred Ward, Jean Smart, Ethan Embry, Melanie Lynskey, Courtney Gains, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Rhona Mitra, Nathan Lee Graham, Sean Bridgers, Fleet Cooper, Kevin Sussman, Thomas Curtis, Dakota Fanning, Mark Skinner, Michelle Krusiec, Phil Cater, Michael Snow, Bob Penny, Mark Matkevich, Lee Roy Giles, Afemo Omilami, Kevin Hagan, Dennis Ryan, Jim O'Connor, Leslie Hendrix, Tony Rizzoli, Bob Seel, Kelsey Lowenthal, Jen Apgar, Sarah Baker, Deborah Duke, Ted Manson, Sharon Blackwood, Suzi Bass, Don Young, Jody Thompson, Deidee Deionne, Doug Killen, Emily Furman, Pete Talton, Kelli Franklin, Keni Thomas, Jeanne Arnold, Osjha Anderson, Charlotte Pierrepont, Traci Ann Wolfe, Jana Lynn Schoep, Eddy Donno, , Kimberly Adler, LaChanda Alexander, Kena Allen, Gary Beck, Mary Jean Bentley, Robert Black, Randy Bratton, Vis Brown, Rich Bryant, Haley Buchanan, Chris Burns, Brandon Carroll, Doshia Darmane, Aimee Davis, Colin Ford, Laurie Gardner, Andrew Gregory, GlenNeta Griffin, Jason Guy, Rodney L. James, Ambre Lake, Matt Mangum, Charles McClelland, Matthew D. Miller, Jacob Moyer Moats, Ernest Peterson, Arvell Poe, Andrew Prine, Bilal Shakir, Joel Sturdivant, Lori Williams, Jason Yatesshow all
“Sweet Home Alabama” Quotes 16 quotes
“Nobody finds their soul mate when they're ten. I mean, where's the fun in that, right?”
“- Stella Kay Perry: You know for someone who's been holding onto something for so long, you're pretty quick to let it go.
- Jake Perry: I can't control her, any more than I can control the weather.”
“You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake, and I want you to be the last.”
- Jake Perry: You're shittin' me, right?
- Melanie Smooter: I never fully understood that expression, but no, I am not "shitting" you.
“Christ Almighty, Daddy, how am I going to explain you're in New York?”
“I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back.”
- Pearl Smooter: Your daddy... Lord, but I was a fool for that man. I couldn't even put one foot in front of the other. I just kept thinking, "oh, preacher, hurry up before he changes his mind!" Now that man makes me so crazy sometimes I could wring his neck!
- Melanie Smooter: You still love him, though.
- Pearl Smooter: God knows I do. And... (continue)(continue reading)
“Just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid.”
“- Young Melanie: Why would you want to marry me for, anyhow?
- Young Jake: So I can kiss you anytime I want.”
“- Mayor Kate Hennings: [smacks a mosquito] One down, a six million to go.
- Earl Smooter: Careful, you just killed the state bird of Alabama!”
“There is nothing wrong with poor people. I get elected by poor people.”
“Well, you must be Jake's hot date. I'm Melanie, Jake's snotty Yankee bitch wife whom he refuses to divorce even though I'm engaged to another man.”
“You can't ride two horses with one ass.”
“You know us Southerns. I mean, the minute the Confederacy died it became immortal.”