“The Pianist” quotes(2002)
Plot – Wladyslaw Szpilman, a talented pianist of Polish-Jew origins, escapes deportation. Forced to live in the heart of the Warsaw ghetto, he experiences all the sufferings, humiliations and struggles of the war. He manages to escape and hides in the ruins of the capital. A German officer helps him to survive.
All actors – Adrien Brody, Emilia Fox, Michal Zebrowski, Ed Stoppard, Maureen Lipman, Frank Finlay, Jessica Kate Meyer, Julia Rayner, Wanja Mues, Richard Ridings, Nomi Sharron, Anthony Milner, Lucy Skeaping, Roddy Skeaping, Ben Harlan, Thomas Lawincky, Joachim Paul Assböck, Roy Smiles, Paul Bradley, Daniel Caltagirone, Andrzej Blumenfeld, Darian Wawer, Zbigniew Zamachowski, Lejb Fogelman, Detlev von Wangenheim, Popeck, Zofia Czerwinska, Emilio Fernandez, Udo Kroschwald, Uwe Rathsam, Joanna Brodzik, Katarzyna Bargielowska, Maja Ostaszewska, John Bennett, Cyril Shaps, Wojciech Smolarz, Lech Mackiewicz, Ruth Platt, Frank-Michael Köbe, Torsten Flach, Peter Rappenglück, Ronan Vibert, Krzysztof Pieczynski, Katarzyna Figura, Valentine Pelka, Andrew Tiernan, Tom Strauss, Thomas Kretschmann, Cezary Kosinski, Grzegorz Artman, Adam Bauman, Pawel Burczyk, Zbigniew Dziduch, Marian Dziedziel, Nina Franoszek, Jerzy Góralczyk, John Keogh, Jaroslaw Kopaczewski, Patrick Lanagan, Dmitri Leshchenko, Dorota Liliental, Rafal Mohr, Andrzej Pieczynski, Morgane Polanski, Norbert Rakowski, Piotr Siejka, Weronika Szen, Andrzej Szenajch, Tomasz Tyndyk, Andrzej Walden, Zbigniew Walerys, Maciej Winkler, Tadeusz Wojtych, Andrzej Zielinski, Maurycy Zylber, Xawery Zylber, Tomasz Golaski, Tomasz Ciszewski, Rafal Dajbor, Roman Garbowski, Anna Gryszka, Adrian Hood, Ryszard Kluge, Maciej Kowalewski, Ireneusz Machnicki, Pawel Malaszynski, Adam Malecki, Aleksandra Nizynska, Axel Prahl, Dagmara Sieminska, Izabella Szolc, Daniel Szpilman, Dawid Szurmiej, Borys Szyc, Jacek Wolszczak, Pawel Zdunshow all
“The Pianist” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Wladyslaw Szpilman: You've got to give me something to do.
- Yehuda: You're an artist, Wladek. You do enough.
- Wladyslaw Szpilman: I want to help. I want to do something.
- Yehuda: You're too well known, Wladek. And you know what? You musicians don't make good conspirators. You're too... too... musical!”
“- Wailing Woman: Why did I do it? Why did I do it? Why did I do it?
- Halina: She's getting on my nerves. What did she do, for God's sake?
- Father: She smothered her baby.”
“Sell this. Food is more important than time.”
“If I'm going to die, I prefer to die in my own home.”
“I love to see a woman playing the cello.”
“20 zloty, that's all we have left, 20 zolty. What can I buy with 20 zloty? I am sick of cooking potatoes, potatoes, potatoes.”
“Majorek used to be in the army. Brilliant man. The only thing I've got against him is he's not a socialist.”
“They all want to be better Nazis than Hitler.”
“- Wladyslaw Szpilman: It's an official decree, no Jews allowed in the parks.
- Dorota: What, are you joking?
- Wladyslaw Szpilman: No, I'm not. I would suggest we sit down on a bench, but that's also an official decree, no Jews allowed on benches.”
“- Dorota: No-one play Chopin like you.
- Wladyslaw Szpilman: I hope that's a compliment.”
“- Wladyslaw Szpilman: Please. I'm Polish. I'm not a German.
- Polish Soldier: Then why the fucking coat?
- Wladyslaw Szpilman: I'm cold.”
“- Henryk: I won't wear it.
- Regina: I won't wear it. I'm not going to be branded.”
“- Halina: We could hide the money. Look here. We can hide the money under the flower pots.
- Father: No, no, no, no, I'll tell you what we do. We use tried and tested methods. You know what we did in the last war? We made a hole in the table leg and hid the money in there.
- Henryk: And suppose they take the table away?”