“The Relic” quotes(1997)
All actors – Penelope Ann Miller, Tom Sizemore, Linda Hunt, James Whitmore, Clayton Rohner, Chi Muoi Lo, Thomas Ryan, Robert Lesser, Diane Robin, Lewis Van Bergen, Constance Towers, Francis X. McCarthyshow all
“The Relic” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Dr. Greg Lee: Someone's been killed. Murdered.
- Dr. Margo Green: Oh, my God.
- Dr. Greg Lee: They're not telling us who. All I know is, they cut off the whole basement level.
- Dr. Margo Green: Murdered?
- Dr. Greg Lee: I'm betting it's Colonel Mustard with a candlestick.”
“- Dr. Margo Green: And what does this God specialize in?
- Dr. Albert Frock: South American tribe, the Zenzera, long thought to be extinct. They made a deal with Satan to vanquish their enemies. So Kothoga was born, son of Satan. You have that look again, Margo.
- Dr. Margo Green: Why do we keep financing John Whitney's expeditions? As if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Det. Hollingsworth: This was obviously a drug hit. Whatever they came for, they found. Now, I figure they came aboard at night, they killed everyone, and threw the bodies overboard.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: You figured that out all by yourself?”
“- Bradley: There's a half-burnt joint on the floor. Seems our boy was having a little pot in the potty.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: Pot's a misdemeanor. Decapitation seems a bit severe.”
“- Det. Hollingsworth: Good morning, Lieutenant. I've just been to the front of the boat. I got something to show you.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: It's a ship, Hollingsworth, not a boat, and the pointy end is the bow.
- Det. Hollingsworth: Custody hearing went badly?
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: I don't want to talk about it.”
“- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: We may have a major-league crazy person somewhere in this building, and I don't think you'd want him showing up tonight.
- Dr. Ann Cuthbert: No, we can't have that.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: This is a big deal, isn't it?
- Dr. Ann Cuthbert: Very big.”
“- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: This party will raise a lot of money, right?
- Dr. Ann Cuthbert: A lot of money, very high profile. The mayor is coming, the media, big companies that give lots of grants, limousines, the whole schmear.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: Tell you what. We'll find this guy so you can have your party.”
“The Kai tribe, Lieutenant, believed that headaches were caused by sorcery, and the kinfolk of the headachevictim would identify the sorcerer, and then go off and murder him. Of course, the kinfolk of the sorcerer would feel they had to avenge his death, so they'd go and kill the headachevictim, and I'm sure you can imagine how it eventually...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Margo Green: So, what did you do?
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: Took the gun away from him and beat the shit out of him. Anyway, the forensics told me later that the bullet's perfect. It should have fired. I should be dead.
- Dr. Margo Green: So in other woods, a miracle of physics?
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: Maybe just plain, old-fashioned good luck.”