Media quotes19 media quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“His accusers are two of the most powerful forces in the world. The United States Government, and the media.”
“Hitler, however, had one great disadvantage. He lived in a time when Fascism, like a virus, like the AIDS virus, needed a strong host in order to spread. Germany was that host. But Germany did not prevail. The world was too big. Fortunately, the world has changed. Global communications, cable TV, the internet. Today the world is smaller and a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can be a dynamic actor, but could never be a star if you never spend time with the media. That's something that I neglected to do.”
“Media truly has the power to create and shift culture.”
“- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Two men skating together? And in our division, no less! Why, Stranz? Why is God singling us out to the greatest suffering the world has ever known?
- Stranz Van Waldenberg: I don't know, sis; those two are just a couple of freaks.
- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Yeah, and the media loves freaks.”
“- Captain Donnelly: You know what this is, Callahan? It's a bill for a TV camera and lens. When I told you to stop wrecking our cars, I didn't mean go out and find something else to destroy!
- Harry Callahan: They were interfering with an official investigation, Sir.
- Lt. Ackerman: Don't give us that. Is this your idea of cooperation with the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Maybe 'the media' is manipulating you!”
“You want an answer? Okay, pappy, think of it as colors. There's black, and there's white, and in between is mostly gray. That's us. Now gray is a tough color, because it's not as simple as black and white - and for the media, certainly not as interesting. But... it's what we are.”
“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”
“We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse, and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it, and those who work at it, may...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The media wants to turn it into fear. There's floods, there's AIDS, there's murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath they're not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl's not going to fuck you, and it's just this campaign of fear, and consumption, and that's what I think it's all based on, the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Network Executive: Do you know that there's a rumor circulating that he's dead? You hear me? The media is having a feeding frenzy with this, all the phone lines are jammed, and every network has a pirated shot of Marlon making an ass of himself in front of the cameras!
- Network Executive: The sponsors are threatening to rip up their...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: This party will raise a lot of money, right?
- Dr. Ann Cuthbert: A lot of money, very high profile. The mayor is coming, the media, big companies that give lots of grants, limousines, the whole schmear.
- Lt. Vincent D'Agosta: Tell you what. We'll find this guy so you can have your party.”
“- Wai Lin: What are you waiting for, shoot him!
- James Bond: I told you, we're gonna finish this together!
- Elliot Carver: How romantic! Do you realize how absurd your position is?
- James Bond: No more absurd than starting a war for ratings.
- Elliot Carver: Great men have always manipulated the media to save the world.”
“Words are the new weapons, satellites the new artillery.”
“You will be in the public eye. Beware of them cameras. Oh, them cameras are bad as any narcotic.”