Tim Roth quotes
“There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.”
“Till they invent a trigger a woman can't pull, if you're a hang man, you're going to hang woman.”
“The more varied the characters, the better, as far as I'm concerned.”
“I'd seen musicians act, and it scares me. And they make more money than me.”
“- Archibald Cunningham: Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too.
- Mary: I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.”
“How would you compare Polanski or Kubrick? I try not to do any comparisons.”
“- Guildenstern: I don't believe in it anyway.
- Rosencrantz: What?
- Guildenstern: England.
- Rosencrantz: Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?”
“Precautions must be taken because life is too sweet to lose.”
“- Nice Guy Eddie: Mr. Blonde was gonna kill you, then when we got back, he was going kill us, take the satchel of diamonds, and scram. I'm right about that, right? That's correct? That's your story?
- Mr. Orange: I swear on my mother's eternal soul that's what happened.
- Nice Guy Eddie: The man you just killed was just released from prison. He...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sarah (segment "The Misbehavers"): Get your ass up here and call the police, because there's a dead body in my bed, and it smells like shit, and it looks even worse. And if you don't help us, my dad is going to lay you down right next to her, I swear to fucking God!
- Ted the Bellhop: I am coming up there right this minute! And if there isn't... (continue)(continue reading)
“Justice delivered without dispassion is always in danger of not being justice.”
“The man who pulls the lever, that breaks your neck will be a dispassionate man. And that dispassion is the very essence of justice.”
“I've had missions go wrong, and seen good people go down, all because someone didn't tell them what they were walking into. I moved on because that's the job, and that's what we do.”
“- Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
- Guildenstern: No.
- Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it.”
“- Gov. George Wallace: Mr. President, malcontents are disrupting Alabama and it's your responsibility to stop them.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson: They're protesting about the right to vote and the way they're treated in your state, so that's your problem and it's your responsibility and it's on your watch.”
“- Guildenstern: Wasn't that the end?
- The Player: You call that an ending? - with practically everyone still on his feet? My goodness, no - over your dead body!”
“Everyone is an abused child, if you think about what governments do.”
“Everything in the human culture takes place below the waist!”
“- Mr. Orange: What happens if the manager won't give you the diamonds?
- Mr. White: When you're dealing with a store like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rosencrantz: Shouldn't we be doing something... constructive?
- Guildenstern: What did you have in mind? A short, blunt human pyramid?”
“- Referee: You are here on a matter of honor. I am here to see that you settle it honorably. There will be no back-stabbing, you will not throw your blades, nor will you use weapons other than those agreed. If quarter should be asked...
- Robert Roy MacGregor: No quarter will be asked.
- Archibald Cunningham: Or given.”
“- Emil Blonsky: [preparing to finish the Hulk off] Any last words?
- The Hulk: Hulk... smah!”