Timothy Dalton quotes
“Don't ask me about my career - I've forgotten most of it.”
“I'm guessing the stress of having to write for a deadline can be inspiring. Sometimes, pressure is good.”
“- Sharkey: How is he?
- James Bond: His left leg's gone below the knee. But they might be able to save his arm.
- Rasmussen: You can bet it was a chainsaw. Colombians love to use them on informers. Hell, they sell more here than the state of Oregon.
- Sharkey: Chainsaw my ass. I know a shark bite when I see one.”
“You should try running a country for a day. It's not all making war and smashing dissidents, you know. It's hard work.”
“- Joy Miller: I knew it. Why can't you just ask one of them for directions?
- Boris Pochenko: No!
- Joy Miller: Please! Asking for directions is not the first step to a two-party system.”
“- Q: Stun gas! Effective range, about five feet. Disorientates any normal person for about 30 seconds.
- James Bond: You don't find too many normal people in this business, Q.”
“- Q: We packed the finder with a highly concentrated plastic explosive. Sufficient to remove a door of any safe. Its magnetic. The actuating signal is personalized.
- James Bond: What's my code?
- Q: Most appropriate: A wolf whistle.”
“- Kara Milovy: You were fantastic. We're free.
- James Bond: Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan.”
“- General Georgi Koskov: I'm sorry, James. For you I have great affection, but we have an old saying: duty has no sweethearts.
- James Bond: We have an old saying too, Georgi. And you're full of it.”
“- Della Churchill Leiter: Oh, James, would you mind? Felix is still in the study and we've got to cut this cake.
- James Bond: I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.”
“- James Bond: You saved my life?
- Pam Bouvier: Yes!
- James Bond: It's a tough business you picked, Miss Bouvier. Leave it to the professionals!
- Pam Bouvier: Look, pal, I was an Army pilot! I have flown to the toughest hell-holes in South America and I will not have you lecture me about professionalism!”
“As much as I enjoyed your wild theories the truth is far less complex.”
“- M: This private vendetta of yours could easily compromise Her Majesty's government. You have an assignment, and I expect you to carry it out objectively and professionally!
- James Bond: Then you have my resignation, sir!
- M: We're not a country club, 007! Effective immediately, your licence to kill is revoked, and I require you to hand over...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kara Milovy: What happened?
- James Bond: Salt corrosion.”
“- Joy Miller: OK, a lot of great men had mustaches. Hitler, Franco...
- Boris Pochenko: Einstein!
- Joy Miller: Oh, and that's who you wanna look like?”