Ed Lauter quotes
“One of the tools that an actor has - and it's a trite thing, but you can really use it a lot - is imagination.”
“Recognizable, but sometimes people don't know my name.”
“I was around actors all of the time. I was around interesting people - the people of the city.”
- Baker: Joseph P. Brenner. What's the "P" stand for?
- Joseph P. Brenner: Pussy.
“- Hazel: This Mountie here says that man should be brought in for trial. Now what are you going to do about it, Edgar?
- Sergeant Edgar Millen: I'm going to close my eyes and pray you disappear. Never had much luck prayin'.”
“- Colonel Glenn: You're too young to go out at night, except for the occasional supervised school activity. When you're eighteen, then you're entitled to some nightlife. Now we had a deal, remember?
- Janey Glenn: We made a deal when I was seven and a half and night life was The Muppet Show!”
“I like London. You know I did my research before I came. I came because I found out it was my kind of town. I mean the cops don't carry guns. Now the cops still try and chase the bad guys; but they don't find it necessary to kill him when they catch him. I call that civilized. That's one of the reasons I left New York to come here.”
“I can't do anything... I'm a cop.”
“- Paul Kersey: Do you always violate peoples constitutional rights?
- Richard Shriker: Well, this is my jail, Kersey, and I'm the law! That means I get to violate your constitutional rights!”
“- Joe Camber: I'll sic my dog on you.
- Gary Pervier: That dog? You couldn't sic that dog on me if I was comin' at you with a straight razor in each hand!”
“I don't like creeps any more than you do. But I can't do anything about them. See, I'm a cop. But you, you shoot 'em.”
“- Chris Knight: Have you ever seen a body like this before in your life?
- David Decker: She happens to be my daughter.
- Chris Knight: Oh. Then I guess you have.”
“- Mr. Kelly: Brian, the skateboard stays in the garage.
- Brian Kelly: Heh! What you worried about? It's not gonna shit on the rug!”