“The Tall Guy” quotes(1989)
All actors – Jeff Goldblum, Emma Thompson, Rowan Atkinson, Geraldine James, Emil Wolk, Kim Thomson, Harold Innocent, Anna Massey, Joanna Kanska, Peter Kelly, Tim Barlow, Hugh Thomasshow all
“The Tall Guy” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Mr. Morrow: Do you want my advice on questions of love?
- Dexter King: Yes!
- Mr. Morrow: My advice is: go blind. Best thing that ever happened to me. Since 1944, every girl I've spent time with looks the spitting image of Mae West.”
“Don't be fooled by the grim exterior. It's a good deal grimmer inside.”
- Mary: Well, the only other thing at the moment is a new musical that the RSC are doing.
- Dexter King: Er, what's it about?
- Mary: The Elephant Man.
- Dexter King: A musical of the Elephant Man? What's it called?
- Mary: "Elephant", I think - with an exclamation mark presumably.
- Dexter King: Pity the poor bastard who has to play the... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ron Anderson: Listen, Dexter, is there something troubling you? Something that you would like to talk to someone about?
- Dexter King: Well, yes, as a matter of fact there is...
- Ron Anderson: Then for fuck's sake talk to someone about it, will you? And sort it out before I sack you and hire a lobotomized monkey to play your role. Okay?”
“Vengeance shall be mine!”
“Are you going to walk me home? Or should I just get murdered on my own?”
“- Dexter King: How was your day?
- Kate: Not great. A nurses's day is always pretty grisly. A woman I was with gave birth to a baby in a lift.
- Dexter King: Well, that was okay, er?
- Kate: It would have been, but her husband slipped on the afterbirth and broke his collarbone.”
“God take my testicles and fry them up with bacon!”
“What in the name of Judas Iscariot's bumboy is going on?”