“Sleepless in Seattle” quotes(1993)
Plot – Sam is an inconsolable widower who changes job and city with the son. He can’t stop grieving and he can’t sleep because of the pain. The child Jonah tells his father’s story to a radio broadcast, so he becomes famous all over the country. At the other side of the United States, the journalist Annie is moved and writes him a letter. Then she throws it away, but fate is happily waiting in ambush.
All actors – Tom Hanks, Ross Malinger, Rita Wilson, Victor Garber, Tom Riis Farrell, Carey Lowell, Meg Ryan, Bill Pullman, Le Clanché du Rand, Kevin O'Morrison, David Hyde Pierce, Valerie Wright, Frances Conroy, Tom Tammi, Calvin Trillin, Caroline Aaron, Linda Wallem, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Tom McGowan, Steve Mellor, Marguerite Schertle, Dana Ivey, Brian McConnachie, Rob Reiner, Gaby Hoffmann, Matt Smith, Amanda Maher, Barbara Garrick, Victor Morris, Philip Mihalski, Donald J. Lee Jr., Mary A. Kelly, Diane Sokolow, Hannah Cox, Rich Hawkins, Tamara Plank, Michael Badalucco, Jeff Mazzola, Philip Levy, Julie Janney, Tony Zazula, John Boylan, Robert Livingston, Butch Stevenson, Sidney Armus, , Philip Anagnos, Jason Bortz, Chris Byrne, Scott Duthie, Robert Minkoff, William Rossman, Nick Taylorshow all
“Sleepless in Seattle” Quotes 17 quotes
“Verbal ability is a highly overrated thing in a guy, and it's our pathetic need for it that gets us into so much trouble.”
- Sam Baldwin: What is "tiramisu"?
- Jay: You'll find out.
- Sam Baldwin: Well, what is it?
- Jay: You'll see!
- Sam Baldwin: Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I'm not gonna know what it is!
“- Jonah Baldwin: Will she scratch up your back?
- Sam Baldwin: [shocked] What?
- Jonah Baldwin: In the movies, women are always scratching up the men's back and screaming and stuff when they're having sex.”
“- Sam Baldwin: I'd much rather just see somebody I like, and get a feeling about them, and ask them if they want to have a drink.
- Jonah Baldwin: Or a slice of pizza.
- Sam Baldwin: Not dinner. Not necessarily on the first date because halfway through dinner you could be really sorry you asked them to eat dinner. Whereas if it's just a drink,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?
- Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When a man is a widower why do we say he was widowed? Why don't we say he was widowered?”
“- Jonah Baldwin: What do you think happens to someone after they die?
- Sam Baldwin: I don't know.
- Jonah Baldwin: Like... do you believe in Heaven?
- Sam Baldwin: I never did. I mean, the whole idea of an afterlife... But now, I don't know. 'Cause I have these dreams. About your mom. And we have these long talks about you and how you're doing,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam Baldwin: Didn't you see 'Fatal Attraction'?
- Jonah Baldwin: You wouldn't let me!
- Sam Baldwin: Well I saw it and it scared the shit out of me! It scared the shit out of every man in America!”
“- Jay: Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?
- Sam Baldwin: The Bermuda Triangle.”
“Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental.”
“It was my mother's. I had them size it down. She had really fat fingers.”
“- Co-Worker: It's easier to be killed by a terrorist than it is to find a husband over the age of 40!
- Annie Reed: That statistic is not true!
- Becky: That's right it's not true, but it feels true.”