Statistics quotes16 statistics quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Lucy Whitman: You just became a statistic.
- Kansas Hill: Oh, my god. I'm not the first.”
“No matter how many sea lions are killed each year by sharks, it never seems like enough.”
“My favorite statistic is discovering that the murder rate had gone down by 20%. The coverage that is, how many murders are on the evening news it went up by 600%.”
“- Dr. Gaius Baltar: You know, I've never known you to play the optimist. Why the change of heart?
- Number Six: Mathematics. Law of averages. Let a complex system repeat itself long enough and eventually something surprising might occur. That, too, is in God's plan.”
“First thing on the list of what Americans say they hate: work; second, traffic; third, missing socks.”
“Oh Ron, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you.”
“Statistically, the chance of a plane going down because of turbulence is less than what, one in a billion? Or is it a million? I can't remember if it's...”
“- Jerry Whitehall: Sixty thousand, six hundred and fifty-nine rooms? Christ.
- Kate Filmore: This place must be huge.
- Mrs. Paley: Oh, yes, yes. In a hypercube, there could be 60 million rooms.”
“We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.”
“I remembered why I opened the door to women in the first place: to not limit the likelihood of finding that one person who'd complement me so completely.”
“- Co-Worker: It's easier to be killed by a terrorist than it is to find a husband over the age of 40!
- Annie Reed: That statistic is not true!
- Becky: That's right it's not true, but it feels true.”