Exercise quotes51 exercise quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If you don't train like it's real, you're dead when it is.”
“- Blue Stanton: We need a water break.
- Coach Herman Boone: A water break? Water is for cowards. Water makes you weak. Water is for washing blood off that uniform and you don't get no blood on my uniform, boy you must be outside your mind! We are going to do up-downs, until Blue is no longer tired, and thirsty.”
“There are compensations for growing older. One is the realization that to be sporting isn't at all necessary. It is a great relief to reach this stage of wisdom.”
“You can always tell a novice rider; they aren't comfortable in the saddle and have to hang on.”
“- Mr. Best: How far are you going today?
- Donald Crowhurst: Oh, just staying locally. Practising for a longer haul, though.
- Mr. Best: Really? Any place in particular?
- Donald Crowhurst: Round the world.”
“Uh, guys, after finding the drugs, helping save Chen and helping me blow up the bad girl with a Roman candle, it's a pleasure to say you are officially no longer trainees.”
“I'm an engineer! I stopped running when Nixon was president!”
“The pig's better potty trained than you, Greg.”
“Guys like you aren't relationships, they're exercise.”
“I've learned that exercise alone is not enough to stay healthy - it's a whole lifestyle.”
“For the time being, let's not have you working out with the team. You'll be facing Viren all over again at the Montreal Olympics. I don't want you racing anyone now. I just want you running. You have to explore the limits of the one competitor above everyone else you've always loved to face... Steve Prefontaine.”
“Rather than go to the gym, I would prefer to do martial arts because the time goes by quicker.”
“- Exercise Instructress: Let's begin with posture. A lady always enters a room erect.
- Mrs. Howard Fowler - Sylvia: Most of my friends exit horizontally.”
“- Sonny Weaver Jr.: There's me doing my job, you doing yours. Your job is to coach the team I give you. They do it different in Dallas?
- Coach Penn: Yeah, they do. They win.”
“I'm sick of the treadmill.”
“There's no experience like on-the-job training.”
“- Sam: I had two heart attacks before I got the bicycle.
- Sandy Bates: And since then?
- Sam: I also had two.”
“He's what makes us not want to go to work, or exercise, or tell the truth. He's what makes us want to party and have sex with each other all night long.”
“- Aubrey: What are you doing?
- Fat Amy: Horizontal running.”
“- Gus Petch: I'm an ass nailer.
- Marylin Rexroth: So I see.
- Gus Petch: Gym four times a week. Hour and a half, plus stretching. Life circle. Life step. Life circuit. Gus Petch don't pussyfoot around.”