“The Day After Tomorrow” quotes(2004)
Plot – Professor Hall's researches indicate that global warming could trigger a sudden and catastrophic climate change in the whole planet. When Hall observes a piece of ice of the size of Rhode Island territory disconnecting from the ice cup, a series of sudden and dramatic weather events is the consequence. Tokyo is covered by hailstones of the size of a pineapple, Hawaii is flooded by violent hurricanes, New Delhi is buried under the snow and Los Angeles is swept by a series of devastating tornadoes.
All actors – Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emmy Rossum, Dash Mihok, Jay O. Sanders, Sela Ward, Austin Nichols, Arjay Smith, Tamlyn Tomita, Sasha Roiz, Ian Holm, Nassim Sharara, Carl Alacchi, Kenneth Welsh, Michel 'Gish' Abou-Samah, Robin Wilcock, Jason Blicker, Kenneth Moskow, Tim Hamaguchi, Glenn Plummer, Adrian Lester, Richard McMillan, Nestor Serrano, Sylvain Landry, Chris Britton, Vlasta Vrana, Pauline Little, Alan Fawcett, Howard Bilerman, John Maclaren, Frank Schorpion, Rachelle Glait, Pierre Leblanc, Richard Zeman, Perry King, Frank Fontaine, Mimi Kuzyk, Al Vandecruys, Vitali Makarov, Russell Yuen, Tim Bagley, Pierre Lenoir, Don Kirk, Lisa Canning, Terry Rhoads, Nicolas Feller, J.P. Manoux, Chuck Shamata, Phillip Jarrett, Tetchena Bellange, Tony Calabretta, Vivian Winther, Sheila McCarthy, Tom Rooney, Amy Sloan, David Schaap, Marylou Belugou, Nobuya Shimamoto, Bunrey Miyake, Karen Glave, Jennifer Morehouse, Christian Tessier, Joe Cobden, Caroline Keenan, Aaron Lustig, Sam Woods, Jesus Perez, Jack Laufer, Luke Letourneau, John Sanford Moore, William Francis McGuire, Michael McNally, Anne Day-Jones, Emanuel Hoss-Desmarais, Lynne De Bel, Mikio Owaki, Terry Simpson, Alvin Tam, Joey Elias, Ron Darling, José Ramón Rosario, Kwasi Songui, John Colton, Dilva Henry, Mark Thompson, Wendy L. Walsh, Mark Pfister, Ana Garcia, Lauren Sanchez, Rob Fukuzaki, Ross King, Robert Holguin, Suzanne Michaels, Leyna Nguyen, Lina Patel, Rosey Edeh, Lori Graham, Jesse Todd, Gordon Masten, Matt Adler, Ray Légaré, Matt Holland, Greg Kramer, Joel McNichol, Rick Hoffmanshow all
“The Day After Tomorrow” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Tina: Shouldn't you be monitoring the weather or something?
- Bob: This is L.A... what weather?”
“- J.D.: We're not going to last very long on M&Ms and potato chips.
- Luther: What about the garbage cans? There's always something to eat in the garbage!”
“- Sam Hall: What are you doing?
- Laura Chapman: I'm using my body heat to warm you. If we let the blood from your arms and legs rush back to your heart too quickly, your heart could fail.
- Sam Hall: Where did you learn that?
- Laura Chapman: Some of us were actually paying attention in health class.”
“What I do know, is that if we do not act soon, it is our children and our grandchildren who will have to pay the price.”
“- Tony: We've got mountains of data, but nowhere near enough computer power to analyze it. Can you help us?
- Jack Hall: Send us what you've got. We'll do our best.”
“- Jason Evans: What do you think's going to happen to us?
- Jack Hall: What do you mean?
- Jason Evans: I mean us? Civilization? Everyone?
- Jack Hall: Mankind survived the last ice age. We're certainly capable of surviving this one. All depends on whether or not we're able to learn from our mistakes.”
“- Elsa: Think God's gonna' save you?
- Jeremy: No... I don't believe in God.
- Elsa: You're holding on to that Bible pretty tight.
- Jeremy: I'm protecting it.”
“Everything I've ever cared about, everything I've worked for... has all been preparation for a future that no longer exists. I know you always thought I took the competition too seriously. You were right. It was all for nothing.”
“Books can be good for something other than burning.”
“- Simon: I just wish I could have seen him grow up, you know.
- Terry Rapson: The important thing is he will grow up.”
“- Jack Hall: I'm not angry. I'm disappointed.
- Sam Hall: Do you wanna hear my side of it?
- Jack Hall: How can there be two sides?”
“For years, we operated under the belief that we could continue consuming our planet's natural resources, without consequence. We were wrong. I was wrong.”
“- Sam Hall: I got every question right on the final and the only reason why Mr. Spengler failed me was because I didn't write out the solutions.
- Jack Hall: Why not?
- Sam Hall: I do them in my head.
- Jack Hall: Did you tell him that?
- Sam Hall: I did. He didn't believe me. He said if he couldn't do them in his head then I must be cheating.”
“Statistically, the chance of a plane going down because of turbulence is less than what, one in a billion? Or is it a million? I can't remember if it's...”