Ray Liotta quotes
“Killing's got to be accepted. Murder was the only way that everybody stayed in line. You got out of line, you got whacked. Everybody knew the rules.”
“For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster. To me that was better than being president of the United States. To be a gangster was to own the world.”
“- Manny Singer: Corrina, can I talk to you for a minute? Look, whatever you may believe in is fine for you, okay? Your heaven is fine for you, but Molly's mother was an atheist and so am I, and I don't want you telling her that her mother is somewhere she isn't.
- Corrina Washington: Yes, Mr. Singer. I'll just continue to tell Molly her mother...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.”
“I got enough to worry about getting whacked on the street! I gotta come home for this? I should fucking kill you!”
“You're fucking in America, speaking English.”
- Ryan Weaver: Are you married?
- Marshal Marty Douglas: Yeah, but I don't wear rings. I don't like jewelry.
- Ryan Weaver: You don't have to defend yourself to me. Was that a tough sell to your wife? The "I don't like wearing jewelry" bit?
- Marshal Marty Douglas: Weaver, I know you'd like to entertain yourself by engaging me in a challenging... (continue)(continue reading)
- Capt. T.C. Doyle: You slept with the wife of General "Kill-'em-all-and-let-God-sort-them-out" Richardson?
- David Poole: I thought it was his daughter.
- Capt. T.C. Doyle: Oh yeah, he would've been fine with that.
“- Donald Carruthers: Do you know what? Urine is good for your skin? My grandmother... I swear to god, my grandmother told me. She said... She didn't, 'cause when I used to get a zit or something, she said...
- Richard Messner: She pissed on your face?
- Donald Carruthers: Get the fuck out of here!”
“Never welsh on a bet.”
“- Richard Messner: How bad?
- Donald Carruthers: Mortal.
- Richard Messner: What?
- Donald Carruthers: Mortal.
- Richard Messner: No. Fuck!”
“A little girl being brutalized... a little girl being abused has got nothing to do with the rules and regulations and everything to do with right and wrong.”
“To become a member of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can fuck around with you. It also means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've only been in one fight in my whole life... in 7th grade, yet everyone thinks I'm a maniac.”
“It would be nice to do a movie where I didn't have to choke the girl to get her.”
“Suddenly playing the charming bad guy was my thing.”
“Saturday night was for wives, but Friday night at the Copa was always for the girlfriends.”
“In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. Paulie did the prep work. He was doing a year for contempt, and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that he used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.”
“- Shoeless Joe Jackson: What's with the lights?
- Ray Kinsella: Oh, all the stadiums have them now. Even Wrigley Field.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: Makes it harder to see the ball.
- Ray Kinsella: Yeah, well, the owners found that more people can attend night games.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: [shakes his head] Owners.”
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, "you're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us". You understand? We were goodfellas. Wiseguys.