“Good Will Hunting” quotes(1997)
Plot – Will Hunting is twenty-years-old and lives in a southern poor neighborhood of Boston with his friends. While working at the MIT Department of Mathematics, he solves a difficult math problem and he attracts the attention of prof. Lambeau. To prevent him from jail, Lambeau entrusts Will to Sean, a therapist. When Will meets Skylar, a Harvard student, he rejects her love due to all the disappointments he has received during his childhood. Sean finally finds a way to communicate with Will and the doctor persuades him to go to California with Skylar.
All actors – Matt Damon, Robin Williams, Ben Affleck, Stellan Skarsgård, Minnie Driver, Casey Affleck, Cole Hauser, John Mighton, Rachel Majorowski, Colleen McCauley, Matt Mercier, Ralph St. George, Rob Lynds, Dan Washington, Alison Folland, Derrick Bridgeman, Vik Sahay, Shannon Egleson, Rob Lyons, Steven Kozlowski, Jennifer Deathe, Scott William Winters, Philip Williams, Patrick O'Donnell, Kevin Rushton, Jimmy Flynn, Joe Cannon, Ann Matacunas, George Plimpton, Francesco Clemente, Jessica Morton, Barna Moricz, Libby Geller, Chas Lawther, Richard Fitzpatrick, Frank Nakashima, Chris Britton, David Eisner, Bruce Hunter, Robert Talvano, James Allodi, Bobby Curcuro, Kent Damon, Riva Di Paola, Harmony Korine, Thomas Lundy, Daniel Olsenshow all
“Good Will Hunting” Quotes 14 quotes
“You don't know about real loss, because it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.”
“- Will Hunting: The sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fucking education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sean Maguire: One night her fart was so loud it woke the dog up, she woke up and said: “was that you?" I said "yeah", I didn't have the heart to tell her.
- Will Hunting: So she woke herself up?
- Sean Maguire: Yeah, She's been dead two years, and that's the shit, I remember wonderful stuff. These are the things I miss the most, these... (continue)(continue reading)
“You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other.”
“- Will Hunting: I look at a piano, I see a bunch of keys, three pedals, and a box of wood. Beethoven, Mozart, they saw it, they could just play. I couldn't paint you a picture, I probably can't hit the ball out of Fenway, and I can't play the piano.
- Skylar: But you can do my o-chem paper in under an hour.
- Will Hunting: Right. Well, I mean...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nail them while they're vulnerable, that's my motto.”
“So this is a Harvard bar? I thought there'd be equations and shit on the wall.”
“- Skylar: Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime?
- Will Hunting: Great, or maybe we could get together and just eat a bunch of caramels.
- Skylar: What?
- Will Hunting: When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.”
“- Sean Maguire: Do you have a soul mate?
- Will Hunting: Define that.
- Sean Maguire: Somebody who challenges you.
- Will Hunting: I have Chuckie.
- Sean Maguire: You know Chuck, he's family. He'd lie down in fucking traffic for you. No, I'm talking about someone who opens up things for you, touches your soul.
- Will Hunting: I got… I got...
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Will Hunting: [telling about his foster father] He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the table. Just say: “choose”.
- Sean Maguire: Well, I gotta go with the belt there.
- Will Hunting: I used to go with the wrench.
- Sean: Why the wrench?
- Will Hunting: Cause fuck him, that's why.
“I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell.”
“- Skylar: What if I said I wouldn't have sex with you again until I got to meet your friends. What would you say?
- Will Hunting: I'd say it's 4:30 in the morning. They're probably up.”