“A Simple Plan” quotes(1998)
Plot – Hank and Jacob bring some flowers to their parents at the cemetery. On the way back, their dog runs into the forest and the men discover a plane, inside which there's a bag with 4 million dollars. Firstly they think to call the police then they keep the booty and decide to hide it until spring: if no one claims it, they will divide the money. Hank hides the sum in his house, then Jacob injures a guy and Hank kills him. Hank's wife Sarah suggests him to blame his friend Lou for the murder, so Hank and Jacob visit him, but in a struggle Jacob kills Lou and Hank kills his wife. Jacob is destroyed by the events, while Hank argues with Sarah and would like to return the money. Meanwhile Jacob is called by the sheriff where a fake FBI agent questions him. All together they go to the plane's site and the fake agent kills the sheriff, but Hank in turn hits him to death. After so much violence, Jacob feels lost and asks Hank to shoot him. In the end Hank notices the notes are marked and he's forced to burn them all.
All actors – Bill Paxton, Bridget Fonda, Billy Bob Thornton, Brent Briscoe, Jack Walsh, Chelcie Ross, Becky Ann Baker, Gary Cole, Bob Davis, Peter Syvertsen, Tom Carey, John Paxtonshow all
“A Simple Plan” Quotes 16 quotes
“There are days when I manage not to think of anything at all. Not the money... or the murders... or Jacob. Days when Sarah and I try to pretend we're just like everyone else... as if none of it ever happened. Those days are few and far between.”
“- Lou: Nobody knows about this but us.
- Jacob: See there? Nobody knows but us. It's like we came out here on a hike, and found lost treasure. Right?”
“When I was still just a kid, I remember my father telling me what he thought that it took for a man to be happy. Simple things, really. A wife he loves, a decent job, friends and neighbors who like and respect him. And for a while there, without hardly even realizing it, I had all that. I was a happy man.”
“You know we don't have one thing in common me and him, except maybe our last name. You're more like a brother to me than he is.”
- Nancy Chambers: I got one.
- Lou: Ah, shit.
- Nancy Chambers: This old drunk was telling jokes to his two drunk friends and he was keeping up his wife who unlike him had a job to go to in the morning. So, see, she gets so fucking fed up she comes downstairs and says, "If he doesn't shut up he's gonna have to find some other place to live... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hank: Jacob, you got the whole world.
- Jacob: I don't wanna hear that.
- Hank: You can go anywhere you want.
- Jacob: This is what I want. This is... this is where I wanna be. It's my home, Hank.”
“- Sarah: If we think it's him, you shouldn't go.
- Hank: Why not?
- Sarah: Because he's going to shoot all three of you, Hank. As soon as he sees the plane. That's why he wants you to go, so he can get rid of the witnesses.
- Hank: But if he's really from the FBI, and I don't show up, it's gonna look as suspicious as hell.”
“If this guy's a dope dealer, then... like we're talking about, then that means we're like Robin Hood.”
“- Jacob: Hank, dad killed himself, you know that?
- Hank: What? What are you talking about? Come on what are you talking about? He was drunk, he had a wreck.
- Jacob: On Jacksborough Road, that's like that ramp is where he went everyday. He don't go the wrong way over on a ramp like that. He'd been on that thing 8,000 times a year, you know. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hank: A plan?
- Sarah: Yeah.
- Hank: Like the one to take the money back to the plane, and we end up killing Stephanson. Or maybe the one where we tape Lou and two more people end up dead. Is that the sort of plan you're thinking of? Well, I've got a plan! I'm taking the money back right now, all of it!”
“- Hank: Nobody gets hurt by us keeping it. I mean, that's what, that's what makes it a crime, doesn't it? Somebody getting hurt?
- Sarah: What makes it a crime is it's against the law. It doesn't matter if somebody gets hurt or they don't. If you get caught then you go to jail.
- Hank: Yeah, but nobody's gonna get caught. The money is the only...” (continue)(continue reading)