Encouragement quotes96 encouragement quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Uncommon Valor
Ground team, you're up that trail, you've got the grid coordinates. Air team, you follow me down this creek. Well, that's it... it's game time. I had a speech prepared, but I guess I forgot it. There are some lines from Julius Caesar. "If a man were to know the end of this day's business, here it come; but it suffices that the day will end, and... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Little Giants
“- Danny O'Shea: When we were kids. We used to race our bikes down Cherry Hill every day after school. We raced every day and he always beat me, but one time, one time I beat him.
- Jake Berman: You beat Kevin down Cherry Hill?
- Danny O'Shea: Yes, I did. He ate my dust.
- Johnny Vennaro: Big deal. One time.
- Tad: You know, one time at Randy...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Chariots of Fire
- From the movie: White Chicks
“Triple T. K. A., time to totally kick ass!”
- From the movie: The Mighty Ducks
“- Charlie: Is it true? You were really a Hawk?
- Gordon: Yeah.
- Charlie: Peter said you blew a really big game once.
- Gordon: Yeah, well, Peter's right. It was the last game of the state finals. We were tied in the end of the third period. I get a penalty shot. I go in, I triple deke. I fake the goalie right out of his pads. The puck's headed...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Dr. Strangelove
“I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a countin' on ya, and by golly we ain't about to let 'em down. Tell you somethin' else. If this thing turns out to be half as important is I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Miracle
“If we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight.”
- From the movie: The Program
“Let's open up a can of kick ass and kill them all, let the paramedics sort them out.”
- From the movie: Rad
“Cru, just pretend you're in the lumber yard... go balls out.”
- From the movie: The Survivors
“- Donald: Tell me things are gonna work out, Sonny.
- Sonny Paluso: Everything's gonna work out.
- Donald: Yeah, yeah. Boy, it's been a strange winter, hasn't it?
- Sonny Paluso: Not really.
- Donald: No.”
- From the movie: The Cowboy Way
“It's your call, stubby.”
- From the movie: Friday Night Lights
- From the movie: Batman Forever
“Young men with a mind for revengeneed little encouragement. They need guidance. You, above all, should know the consequences of the life you choose.”
- From the movie: Gattaca
“If at first you don't succeed... try, try again.”
- From the movie: Oz The Great And Powerful
“- Glinda: For the record, I knew you had it in you all along.
- Oz: Greatness?
- Glinda: No. Better than that. Goodness.”
- From the movie: Raging Bull
“- Jake La Motta: She says he's pretty.
- Joey LaMotta: Yeah, well, you make him ugly.”
- From the movie: The Hunger Games
“- Cinna: Are you ready? Don't be afraid.
- Katniss Everdeen: I'm not afraid.”
- From the movie: Pirates of Silicon Valley
- From the movie: Blue Crush
“And when I tell you to go, you gotta go. You gotta paddle your little heart out. You can't hesitate, you can't pull back, you can't hold back. No fear.”
“I wouldn't make an anti-American film. I'm one of the most pro-American foreigners I know. I love America and Americans.”
- From the movie: Major League II
“When the tough get going, go and get tough.”
- From the movie: Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
- From the movie: Any Given Sunday
“Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble.”
- La trovi in Reputation and Popularity
“A responsive audience is the best encouragement an actor can have.”
- From the movie: The Sea Hawk
“To this end, I pledge you ships - ships worthy of our seamen - a mighty fleet, hewn out of the forests of England; a navy foremost in the world - not only in our time, but for generations to come.”