Sam Raimi directed this movie in 2002
Director Sam Raimi
Genre Fantasy, Action
Director Sam Raimi
Genre Fantasy, Action
Plot – Peter Parker is an orphan who grows up in Queens with aunt May and uncle Ben. One day, during a scientific demonstration on arachnids, Peter is bitten by a genetically altered spider. He soon realizes that he has acquired some powers that turn him into Spider-Man. Initially he uses his powers to sell some exclusive photos of the masked hero to the local newspaper, then he goes through a fight against the scientist Green Goblin, also known as 'Norman Osborn', his best friend Harry's father. As Spider Man, Peter takes his mission seriously when uncle Ben dies by the hands of a robber.
All actors – Tobey Maguire, Willem Dafoe, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Cliff Robertson, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Joe Manganiello, Gerry Becker, Bill Nunn, Jack Betts, Stanley Anderson, Ron Perkins, Michael Papajohn, K.K. Dodds, Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Elizabeth Banks, John Paxton, Tim De Zarn, Taylor Gilbert, Randy Savage, Larry Joshua, Timothy Patrick Quill, Lisa Danielle, Natalie T. Yeo, Erica D. Porter, Kristen Davidson, Jason Padgett, Shan Omar Huey, Sally Livingston, Evan Arnold, Jill Sayre, James Kevin Ward, David Holcomb, Octavia Spencer, Brad Grunberg, Shane Habberstad, Deborah Wakeham, Rachael Bruce, Mackenzie Bryce, Julia Barry, Macy Gray, Myk Watford, Bill Calvert, Sylva Kelegian, Kristen Marie Holly, Ajay Mehta, Peter Appel, Scott Spiegel, Matt Smith, Sara Ramirez, Lucy Lawless, Jayce Bartok, Maribel González, Amy Bouril, Joe D'Onofrio, Jim Norton, Corey Mendell Parker, Ashley Edner, William Joseph Firth, Alex Black, Laura Gray, Joe Virzi, Michael Edward Thomas, Jeanie Fox, Robert Kerman, Ari Averbach, Joni Avery, Rick Avery, Margaret Baker, Amy Beth Bennett, Brian Bennett, Camille Bennett, Andy Bray, Jophery C. Brown, Jacob Chambers, Jillian Clare, Chris Coppola, Cody Cundiff, Una Damon, Chandra De Alessandro, Mark De Alessandro, Michael Patrick Dobkins, Patrick Coleman Duncan, Marcus Edward, R.C. Everbeck, Peter Genovese, Marcus Gorman, Al Goto, Juan M. Guerra, Randy Hall, Jesse Heiman, Tia Dionne Hodge, Kevin Jackson, Loren Janes, Andray Johnson, Claudia Katz, Erik Kleven, Frederick E. Kowalo, Gary Lane, Larry Lane, Stan Lee, Pete Macnamara, Lynnette Marshall, Joy Michelle Moore, Justin Neill, Philip Ng, Debra Orenstein, Gary Otto, Leroy Patterson, Martin Pfefferkorn, Argenis Pirela, Lance Polland, January Pugh, Sumner Redstone, Scott L. Schwartz, Robair Sims, Richard Stephens, Tammi Sutton, Lindsay Thompson, Lou Torres, Benny Urquidez, Sean Valla, Derek C. Wallace, John Wojnowski IIIshow all
“Spider-Man” Quotes 34 quotes
“- Spider-Man: I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
- Green Goblin: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a herofail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option.”
“- Ring Announcer: What's your name, kid?
- Peter Parker: The Human Spider.
- Ring Announcer: The Human Spider? That's it? That's the best you've got?
- Peter Parker: Yeah.
- Ring Announcer: Oh, that sucks. ...The sum of three-thousand dollars will be paid to... the terrifying... the deadly... the amazing Spider-Man!”
“The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale, if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied.”
“- Mary Jane: Who are you?
- Spider-Man: You know who I am.
- Mary Jane: I do?
- Spider-Man: Your friendly neighborhoodSpider-Man.”
“- Norman Osborn: A bit of a slob, isn't he?
- Aunt May: All brilliant men are.”
“- Green Goblin: Parker must be educated.
- Norman Osborn: What do I do?
- Green Goblin: Instruct him in the matters of loss and pain. Make him suffer, make him wish he were dead.
- Norman Osborn: Yes?
- Green Goblin: And then grant his wish.”
“I know this has been a difficult time for you, but I want you to try to enjoy this day. Commencement: the end of one thing, the start of something new.”
“- Spider-Man: You have a knack for getting in trouble.
- Mary Jane: You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
- Spider-Man: I was in the neighborhood...”
“With great power comes great responsibility.”
“He's saved my life twice and I've never even seen his face.”
“- Peter Parker: Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism.
- Harry Osborn: Peter, what possibly makes you think I would want to know that?
- Peter Parker: Who wouldn't?”
“- Mary Jane: Don't make me look ugly.
- Peter Parker: That's impossible.”
“- Mary Jane: What do you see coming for you?
- Peter Parker: I don't know. Whatever it is, it's something I never felt before.
- Mary Jane: And... what for me?
- Peter Parker: For you? You're gonna light up Broadway.”
“- Peter Parker: I want you to know that I will always be there for you; I will always be there to take care of you. I promise you that. I will always be your friend.
- Mary Jane: Only a friend, Peter Parker?
- Peter Parker: That's all I have to give.”