“The Gift” quotes(2000)
Plot – Everyone knows each other in Brixton, Georgia. Annie Wilson is a young widow with three children who makes a living thanks to her clairvoyant powers. Valerie is married to Donnie, a violent and unfaithful husband who believes Annie is brainwashing his wife so he threatens her and her three children. When Jessica disappears, the police turns to Annie and through some visions she locates a pond where the police finds Jessica's corpse. As Donnie is its owner, he's arrested for her murder, but Annie thinks Donnie is innocent, until the real murderer confesses.
All actors – Cate Blanchett, Giovanni Ribisi, Keanu Reeves, Katie Holmes, Greg Kinnear, Hilary Swank, Michael Jeter, Kim Dickens, Gary Cole, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Chelcie Rossshow all
“The Gift” Quotes 13 quotes
“- David: Somebody might come in here
- Jessica King: Guess you'd better fuck me fast.”
“For all what you done for me, I just think the world of you. You're about the only one I call a friend to me.”
“- David Duncan: There's a saying about letting sleeping dogs lie. You think you're in danger now? Look at it logically. The real danger begins if this case gets reopened and someone starts worrying that you're gonna have another one of your damn dreams.
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: All I know is the wrong man's in jail. I don't care how awful he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wayne Collins: Is there anything you can tell us?
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: I can read for you. But that's about all I can do.”
“Messing with the devil's gonna get you burned. Everybody knows that.”
“Sometimes I don't know the difference between my head and my soul.”
“- Valerie Barksdale: Can you see what I'm thinking? Can you see that in the cards?
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: What do you mean?
- Valerie Barksdale: Well... I've been thinking some real bad, bad thoughts. Un-christian thoughts.
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: Like what?
- Valerie Barksdale: Like... I'm glad that girl's dead. Jessica. She was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ben: I want icing, Momma.
- Annabelle 'Annie' Wilson: You've had icing enough to put you in a coma.”