Casey Affleck quotes
“- Slide: A robbery can change very quickly. You have to be ready to adapt to the situation at any moment. Anything can happen. I was on a job a few days ago and my homie got shot in the face!
- Josh Kovacs: If you get shot in the face, it's over.
- Slide: If you get shot in your head, it's over. If you get shot in your face, the bullet will go...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Hunt: I figured out who he is.
- Maureen: And?
- John Hunt: He's a guy... who is old... but used to be young... and he just really loves robbing banks.
- Maureen: That's it?
- John Hunt: That's it.
- Maureen: Just like you're a guy... who's a cop... who's gonna catch him.”
“- Patrick: What happened to your hand?
- Lee Chandler: I cut it.
- Patrick: Oh, thanks. For a minute there, I didn't know what happened.”
- Patrick: You were a tremendous help.
- Lee Chandler: I didn't ask to sit down there.
- Patrick: You can't make small talk like every other grown-up in the world?
- Lee Chandler: No.
- Patrick: You can't talk about boring bullshit for half an hour? "Hey, how about those interest rates?" "Hey, I lost my Triple A card." Like everybody else?
- Lee... (continue)(continue reading)
“He lied to me. Now I can't think of one reason big enough for him to lie about that's small enough not to matter.”
“- Lee Chandler: Do you actually have sex with these girls?
- Patrick: Well, we don't just play computer games.”
“- Russel Blaze: Come work at the mill. There's nothing wrong with working for a living.
- Rodney Baze Jr.: Is it working for a living when a carried my best friend's legs under this arm, and the rest of him under this arm?”
“- Patrick Kenzie: My priest says shame is God telling you what you did was wrong.
- Remy Bressant: Fuck him.
- Patrick Kenzie: Murder's a sin.
- Remy Bressant: Depends on who you do it to.”
“- Lee Chandler: You know, I've seen a school of sharks tear a boat to pieces like it was made of cardboard because some kid threw a band-aid in the water.
- Patrick: Oh, yeah...
- Lee Chandler: Yeah, he did! Sometimes the only way to keep them off is to throw the kid directly in the ocean to distract them!
- Patrick: Shut up. Sharks don't even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You gotta understand that I'm different than I was before I left. And I think that I always will be. I can't explain how exactly. My head is just full of stuff and I can't get it out. But I'm gonna turn things around.”
“After I left LA... it was like waking up. And so I moved back east and stopped auditioning.”
“I don't really care that much about being a matinee idol.”
“I'm tired of playing the brat.”
“In a movie we try to deceive. In theaters, as they say, the deceived are the wisest.”
“She was gone. We gave our statements. Nick and Remy the same. All of us spared any blame for Amanda's death. Jack Doyle resigned on the condition that he and he alone be held accountable. He was granted the dignity of early retirement, but the humiliation of half a pension. It was an ignominious end to an illustrious career.”
“I gave my life for this country and what's it done for me? Huh? What's it done for me?”
“I lived on this block my whole life; most of these people have. When your job is to find people who are missing, it helps to know where they started. I find the people who started in the cracks and then fell through. This city can be hard.”
“- Zee James: Bob, have you done this?
- Robert Ford: I swear to God that I didn't.”