Plot – Mile Kendig, a CIA agent, arrests two KGB spies. Voluntarily he frees colonel Yaskov. Myerson, his superior, decides to make him work in the CIA archives to punish him. But the agent destroys his own dossier and travels to his house in Salzburg. He dedicates in writing a novel to reveal all the mistakes CIA has committed.
All actors – Walter Matthau, Glenda Jackson, Sam Waterston, Ned Beatty, Herbert Lom, David Matthau, George Baker, Ivor Roberts, Lucy Saroyan, Severn Darden, George Pravda, Jacquelyn Hyde, Mike Gwilym, Terry Beaver, Ray Charleson, Christopher Driscoll, Michael Cronin, Roy Sampson, Douglas Dirkson, Anne Haney, Shan Wilson, Randal Patrick, Joe Dorsey, Candice Howard, Susan McShayne, Yolanda King, Anthony Carrick, Osman Ragheb, Roland Froehlich, Jeremy Young, Sally Nesbitt, Susan Engel, Joanna McCallum, Laura Whyte, Larry Larson, Seab Worthy, Danny Covington, Richard Moore, Philip Voss, Debra Hook, The Silversmith Band, Allan Cuthbertsonshow all
“Hopscotch” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Miles Kendig: I'm going to tell the truth.
- Isobel von Schmidt: Oh, it's a work of fiction! Ah!”
“Money is too expensive to be earned that way, Yaskov.”
“Hey, Myerson. Say, I thought you were taller. I don't remember you being this short - how'd you get so short?”
“- Miles Kendig: Yours was gin and ginger ale, right?
- Isobel von Schmidt: Mine was never gin and ginger ale. Montrochet '69, right next to the beer.”
“Oh, do stop following me around. You're making my dog very nervous. He detests the smell of stupidity.”
“- Isobel von Schmidt: How'd you like to play some gin this evening?
- Miles Kendig: For how much?
- Isobel von Schmidt: Will you never learn...”
“- Mikhail Yaskov: I'm offering to put you right back into the game.
- Miles Kendig: Yaskov, Yaskov. I'd make a useless double agent.
- Mikhail Yaskov: Of course you would.
- Miles Kendig: Double agents must be drab little people. Colorless.”
“- Isobel von Schmidt: When did you join the police force?
- Miles Kendig: It's the only car I could find that had any gas in it.”
“- Carla: You seem like a nice man. You remind me of my father.
- Miles Kendig: That's always been my problem.”
Now I know what the FBI stands for. "Fucking, Ball-busting Imbeciles"!
“- Miles Kendig: The cleaning lady will untie you in the morning.
- Joe Cutter: I hope she's pretty...”